14- Date

Yeonjun was pacing around his room, thinking of the best way to ask Beomgyu out. First, he'll take Beomgyu on a date and then ask him out. Perfect plan! As if. He had no idea what Beomgyu liked or what his hobbies were. It was Sunday, 7am in the morning and he had to come up with a plan before Beomgyu wakes up. After thinking for a while, he decided to take Beomgyu to all the place he could think of. He made a small note of the entire date plan. With the sigh, he knocked on Beomgyu's door earning a groan from the other side of the door.

       The door opened revealing a very sleepy Beomgyu with his eyes half open and hair messy. Beomgyu pouted, annoyed by the fact that someone had woken him up early in the morning. Our Beomgyu was definitely NOT a morning person. Luckily, their homeroom usually begins at 11am which gives Beomgyu enough time to finish off his sleep.

       He crossed his arms, still pouting. "Why did you wake me up early in the morning Jjunie!" Yeonjun just grinned, not taking his eyes off Beomgyu. He was too adorable. He cleared his throat, blushing a little, clearly nervous about the fact that he had to ask Gyu out now. "Gyu- c-can we go on a date? I m-mean it's okay if it's a n-" "Of course Jjunie!" Beomgyu cut him off and hugged him happily.

       Beomgyu quickly brushed his teeth and quickly started getting dressed for the day. He wore a loose, simple sweatshirt and black jeans. He sat on the couch, waiting for Yeonjun. He was smiling from ear to ear, thinking about what happened a few minutes ago. Yeonjun had asked him out on a date! He couldn't remember the last time he was this happy. His life was always a mess. "What's wrong Gyu? You look sad" Beomgyu looked up and saw a concerned looking Yeonjun. "Don't worry Jjunie, it's nothing. Anyways, are you ready?" "Of course! Let's go."

       They locked their dorm and left the school, walking across a street, side by side. Yeonjun bit his lip. He slowly took out the date plan that he had made. The first step was to hold hands. Why was this so hard. He reached out to Beomgyu's hand and retreated multiple times, unable to hold it. 'Yeonjun, you can do it!' He took a deep breath and shut his eyes tightly. He reached out to hold Beomgyu's hand, successfully holding it this time. Beomgyu looked at the ground, blushing slightly by the fact that they were holding hands now. Both of them were slightly panicking but nevertheless they found it comforting and safe.

       Yeonjun's next plan was to buy Beomgyu some ice cream. He led Beomgyu to a small but comfy café. Yeonjun ordered a strawberry-vanilla flavoured ice cream cone and an apple tart for Beomgyu and got himself a mint-chocolate flavoured ice cream along with iced Americano. He had actually planned on getting Beomgyu a coffee as well because it's a typical go-to romantic idea but Beomgyu hated coffee and anything bitter.

       Both Yeonjun and Beomgyu chatted for a while before their order arrived. Beomgyu's eyes sparkled in excitement. Beomgyu's love for ice cream was immeasurably immense. Yeonjun chuckled at Beomgyu's childish behaviour. Beomgyu devoured the ice cream as if he'd never get to have it again. Yeonjun chuckled and slowly sipped his coffee, gazing softly at the love of his life. It was about time that he initiated the second step of his plan. He was somewhat confident about it this time. He took a deep breath and with a sharp but loving gaze he called out to Beomgyu. "Beomgyu, there's something on your face." Beomgyu stopped eating the ice cream and looked at Yeonjun. "I swear to God Jjunie, if you say something like 'beauty', I'm leaving." Yeonjun panicked. That really wasn't his idea but what Beomgyu said was true. Beomgyu was one of the prettiest humans he had ever come across. "I-I mean- you're really pretty but n-no I meant there's ice cream on your face!"
"Oh really? Where?" Beomgyu touched his face, confused. "Right here." Yeonjun quickly regained his posture. His confidence was back as he leaned in closer to Beomgyu's face and kissed him softly on the lips. Beomgyu's eyes widened. Before he could comprehend the situation, Yeonjun pulled back and licked his lips. "The ice cream tastes good, Gyu." Beomgyu blushed heavily and hid his face in embarrassment. "Oh my gosh Jjunie! That was cringe!" Beomgyu laughed out loud, still blushing. Yeonjun lost his confidence and his entire face turned red. He was a blushing mess now. Beomgyu looked at Yeonjun who was now completely red and frozen in his spot. They heard someone clear their throat and turned their heads to see the waiter looking at them. Her face was red, distinctly evident that she had witnessed the romantic scene they had displayed. Both of their faces turned red as they started at their feet in embarrassment. "D-do you need anything else?" The waiter asked them in a low voice. "No, nothing else." Yeonjun replied, unable to look anywhere except his shoes." The waiter bowed and quickly walked away, not wanting to disturb the two any further.

       After the embarassing moment, Yeonjun paid for the ice creams and the left the shop. Their next destination was a car racing arena. It's not really somewhere people would go on a date, but having fun is what matters the most, right? They reached the racing arena and Yeonjun decided to rent a racing car. Surprisingly, he had a license for it. "You have raced before?" Beomgyu questioned Yeonjun, surprised by the fact. "Kinda..." Yeonjun said, embarassed.

       The arena was situated at the foot of a mountain and the racers drive till they reach the summit. The area was pretty huge with seperate racing lanes to prevent accidents. Yeonjun and Beomgyu made their way to their lane. The car they booked was waiting for them at the start of the lane. They got in the car and put their seatbelts on. "Are you ready, Gyu?" Yeonjun asked Beomgyu softly. "Y-Yes I am."

       Yeonjun started off at a slow pace, but gradually started increasing speed. Beomgyu shut his eyes tightly. "Ahhhh Yeonjun, slow down!" "Yeonjun looked at the panicked Beomgyu and laughed out loudly. They were driving at 140km/hr and couldn't hear each other anymore. It was all distorted sounds of the wind. "No way! Open your eyes Gyu. It's fun! Yeonjun spoke in a loud voice, practically sceaming. Beomgyu slowly opened his eyes and looked around. They were driving uphill. He looked at his left to see the ocean below. The sun was shining down brightly at the sea and the breeze generated by the driving was thrilling. Beomgyu enjoyed the thrilling ride with the pretty scenary. Suddenly the Pompeii and The confettis started falling out of nowhere. The side of the roads were decorated with ref roses. Beomgyu was surprised as he looked at the sight in awe. Yeonjun just smiled and continued driving, increasing the pace again. They had an adrenaline rush, making them scream on top of their lungs. Both of them really enjoyed it.

       Once they reached the summit, Yeonjun got out of the car and opened the door for Beomgyu. Beomgyu was wobbling. Everything around him was spinning. How did he forget that he isn't good with speed? Yeonjun laughed and caught Beomgyu by his waist and led him to a small guest house that was located at the summit. The guest house was again decorated with roses. There was a set of dining table beside the guest house.

       It was 7pm and the sun had started to set. On the summit, it was really breezy. Down below was the ocean. The sound of the waves crashing and the gentleness of the breeze completely relaxed Beomgyu. It was an incredible view. They had their dinner served, as they enjoyed the meal on top of a mountain surrounded by trees and the ocean. Yeonjun took a deep breath and looked directly into Beomgyu's eyes. He took out a bouquet and smiled. "Beomgyu, I know I was an asshole when we met and I'm really guilty about it. But Before I realised it, I had fallen for you. Beomgyu will you be my boyfriend?"

       Beomgyu was shocked. Tears started to roll down his cheeks. He accepted the bouquet and hugged Yeonjun tightly. "Of course, Jjunie! I love you so much! Yeonjun smiled and hugged Beomgyu back, patting the others back softly. This is all they needed. Each other's presence. It was enough to make both of them happy. Beomgyu pulled back and softly kissed Yeonjun's lips. Yeonjun instantly kissed Beomgyu back. The kiss was soft and full of love. They pulled back and looked into each other eyes.
"You really made my day, Jjunie. I love you"
"I'm glad you liked it, Gyu. I love you too."

                        **********