Date Night (PT.1)

Pairing: Rylan (Ryan/Dylan)

Summary: Ryan and Dylan's date night

(Same AU as the Group Chat series)

Current Mood: C U Girl - Steve Lacy

Third Person

4:13 P.M.

Dylan sighs angrily, trying to put his tie on.

"How the hell do you do this?!" He angrily yells, startling his cat. He immediately gasps, and sits down on his bed, grabbing his cat, petting him gently.

"I'm so sorry, Schrodinger! You're my favorite baby." He says, kissing the cat on the head.

"Sweetie, please stop kissing the cat." His mother, Delilah, walks into his room, smiling softly.

"Fine." He smiles, hugging the cat gently, and then letting it go. The cat rubs his head on Dylan's lap for a minute, and then walks out of the room as if he had bills to pay.

"Are you excited for your little date, sweetie?" Delilah smiles, completely ignoring what just happened.

Dylan nods happily, smiling softly. He stands back up, staring into the mirror.

"Yeah! I have a lot planned! I was going to take him on a picnic, then we were going to go roller skating, then we could probably go to the carnival so we could go on the Ferris Wheel! And then we could.." Dylan continues ranting about the date plans while his mother starts tying his tie.

"Pretty hair... deep eyes... plump lips... anyone would be lucky to even be in his presence..."

Delilah smiles, snickering quietly as her son continues ranting about Ryan. She finishes tying the tie, and she taps his back gently, making him flinch.

"Oh! You finished tying it? Did I start ranting again?" He frowns, visibly embarrassed. Delilah smiles, pinching his cheek gently.
"It's okay. It's great seeing you so in love with someone. He really seems like the one."

Dylan starts to turn red.

"He might be.."

-------------------

4:28 P.M.

"Fuck.. fuck.. fuck.. fuck.." Dylan repeats, pacing all around the living room.

"Dylan, it's only been fifteen minutes. I'm positive he'll come." Delilah smiles as she pets Schrodinger. Dylan looks at his mom, and frowns.

"What if he doesn't..?"

"He will! Stop being so negative, Sweetie."

"B-But it's almost 4:30! He's going to be late!" He groans, tapping his foot in (non-existent) anger. Delilah simply chuckles, sighing.

"Sweetie. You're too nervous. Here, make sure you have the picnic basket, an--"

"Oh, shit! The basket!" Dylan screams like a little girl, running into the kitchen, quickly running back into the living room, sighing in relief. "Picnic basket secured!" He smiles.

"Well that's goo--"

*Knock, Knock, Knock*

Dylan squeals in fear.

"Oh fuck, he's here!" Dylan begins to hyperventilate. Delilah quickly runs up to the door, opening it.

"Hi, Ms. Lenivy!" Ryan greets. "Is Dylan ready?"

"Hi, Ryan! Uhm.. he's, uh.. he'll need another minute." Delilah smiles nervously. Ryan nods, walking back to his car. Delilah closes the door, and looks at Dylan. He was visibly panicking, on the verge of tears.