Candy (Part One)

Pairing: Ryan/Dylan (Rylan)

Summary: Dylan likes sweet things

~~

Dylan was a simply guy who liked simple things.

For example, he liked pickles.

He liked music.

He liked cats.

He liked sweets.

Specifically candy.

Candy was something that made Dylan happy. It was his sweet drug. Candy was something he's loved ever since he was a little baby.

It reminded him of the good times in his life.

Candy was the good times in his life.

That's why he preferred hanging out with people from that nature.

Sweet people.

He always hung out with someone like Abi or Nick.

At first, he thought Kaitlyn was someone who was.. bittersweet. Someone he would only tolerate.

When he found out that she was truly like candy, but just with a small sour layer, he was incredibly overjoyed to become her friend.

He disliked people like Jacob. He disliked assholes. People who weren't sweet at all.

He had mixed emotions about people like Emma. She can be incredibly sweet, but then be incredibly bitchy.

He tried to avoid people like that, but the sweet side always brought him back. She was a magnet. He didn't hate it, though.

Then there was one more.

Ryan Erzahler.

Ryan was quiet, and he never liked talking to people who weren't campers. Campers were the only type of person who Ryan smiled around.

Dylan assumed that he only talked to campers just because it was his job. He didn't think that Ryan was actually someone who could care about people.

Dylan assumed that Ryan was bitter.

Bitter was the opposite of sweet.

So, Dylan didn't like Ryan at all.

Everyone knew this, too. Even Chris, and he didn't care about 'teenage drama'.

Although Chris couldn't care less about teenage drama, he loved causing it.

That's why Chris would constantly set up Ryan and Dylan to teach their classes together.

Ryan tried to interact with Dylan, but Dylan could tell that it was fake.

It was only for show, Dylan thought. He doesn't know if Ryan actually wanted to learn a bit about him, but Dylan knew how he was, and it wasn't like this.

Ryan was quiet, tedious, and distant. He hates everyone except for Chris and campers.

He was bitter.

~~

One day, while Dylan was teaching a class with Ryan (Thanks to Chris), Dylan seemed to notice that the lightskin was acting different.

He wasn't trying to make small talk with Dylan. His attention didn't even go to the brunette at all. He only said something when he needed to.

Dylan was confused about it.

Although the boy was bitter, Dylan had gotten used to the latter trying to be all buddy-buddy.

Dylan didn't like this.