3 - Taking care

"She tested positive for malaria sir. We have already started treatment," the young doctor said.
"Prepare her transfer papers," Greg said not taking his eyes off her as he stood by his hands deep in his pockets.
"Pardon," the doctor said confused.
Switching to French he said, "préparer ses papiers de transfert," with an air of finality as the man slowly backed out of the room.

"Will she be fine sir?" Eli asked as Greg did not move from his spot
"She has to," he said swallowing the lump on his throat whilst he moved towards the bed as she opened her eyes.
"Why were you shouting at the cute doctor?" She asked swallowing several times.
Seeing this he took the jar of water pouring some into a cup before helping her to drink it.
She smiled in defeat seeing that he wasn't even paying attention to her teasing as she frowned at the water.
"He isn't the definition of cute," he said wearing a serious expression making her smile.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked placing his hand on her forehead to check if she was still burning up. By the time they had reached Paris, she had a high fever as he rattled into his phone organizing for an ambulance forgetting about his so called business meetings.

Moving to sit up slowly he frowned helping her up knowing how stubborn she could be.
"Come," she whispered holding her arms open. He didn't hesitate to lean forward as she hugged him.
"I should have made sure you took precautions before leaving," she heard him whisper as his hold on her tightened.
She snuggled into him loving the soft cashmere sweater he wore plus the warmth radiating from him as he held her.
"I love you," she said softly.
"I love you too," he murmured into her ear kissing it.
Remaining like this for a few minutes he released her as the doctor came back with papers for him to sign.

"Is everything prepared?" He said to Eli.
"Yes sir," he heard.
"Excuse us," he said as Eli stepped out closing the door.
Pulling out her sweatpants and a shirt from the bag as he proceeded to help her get dressed teasing her about how she was slowly invading his wardrobe as he realized it was his shirt he had picked out which he covered up with a jacket.
Kissing her forehead he rested his forehead against hers.
"Comfy?" He asked feeling the slight hold on his jacket as she held onto him nodding her head yes looking exhausted. Removing the jacket he made her wear the item as she smiled taking in his cologne.

"Eli," he called out before telling her to put her arms around his neck as she wound her legs around him resting her head on his shoulder.
A nurse aid came in with a wheelchair as the doctor followed.
"Sir it is hospital policy. The patient cannot walk out of the hospital," he said as her hold on him tightened telling him she wasn't planning on leaving his arms.
Looking at the man with a blank stare he asked, "Does she look like she is walking?"
Sidestepping them he followed Eli out of the hospital.
"You didn't have to bite his head off," she whispered.
"He was getting on my nerves," he said clenching his jaw. "I need to take you home so you can get proper care," he said.

Stepping into the main lobby Eli had trouble clearing a path as it was full of people before Greg walked past him.
"Move!" He said in a deep voice that had the people in his way stepping aside looking confused.
"Must you command attention everywhere you go," she mumbled as he looked at her in question.
"Must you comment on everything I do," he whispered trying to hold back a smile just as a car pulled up at the entrance. Depositing her onto the seat he went around to get in. Beckoning her she sat on his lap as he pulled her closer covering her in a thin blanket seeing her shiver slightly.
"Sleep my love," he whispered endearingly resting his cheek on her forehead finding her temperature a bit high.
"I must be a sight for sore eyes," she smiled.
"You, my dear are still the most enchanting being I have ever set my eyes on," he said kissing her lips as she responded to him cupping his cheek before he pulled back not wanting to take things too far.
"Let's get you better first before you put thoughts into my head," he said as she smiled falling asleep sighing, "I have many in my head," making him chuckle.
Her being in his arms didn't help anything as he heard her sigh out his name from time to time in the same manner she had after making love to her, as he closed his eyes on the plane after asking to not be disturbed whilst they headed back home.