6 - Wealth ~ Power

"There is nothing I can do aside from divorcing you if I don't want any ties to you. But that's already too late," she reasoned placing her hand on her belly. "But then again leaving you doesn't make any sense since I love you," she said thinking out loud. "This means I will have to choose my cases and clients carefully," she said as he placed a finger upon her lips stopped her.
Turning her head to face him he looked at her sincerely.
"You still love me?" He asked as she looked at him confused.
"What's not to love about you. Besides who else can handle you if not I," she said making him laugh.
"You don't need to change your work routine. Everything is alright," he said. "I don't think you would divorce me that easily especially if the kids found out," he said.
"Do they know the other side of you?" She asked seeing him smirk.
"They actually work for me," he said as she looked at him surprised.
"They are children Gregory," she said in outrage. "They should be enjoying their youth," she said looking appalled.
"They help with simple matters. That's why I chose a school not too far from home for them even though they wanted separate universities I insisted they attend the same one. Luckily the school offers a wide variety of courses to choose from unlike others. I have men there including lecturers keeping an eye out for trouble. What happened with Theo should have never occurred. I should have tightened security around you guys. I thought the fact that you were in my circle no one would dare touch you; but I guess I was wrong," he said whispering the last part as he looked away from her ashamed.
"Or maybe they don't know I am in your circle. Well, I guess it happened for a reason," she murmured as he pulled her closer to him as she turned to look at him.
"No more," he whispered as his phone rang.

"Cindy," He said becoming serious all of a sudden. "Stay were you are," he said ending the call as he dialed another number. Standing up she walked to the closet quickly changing into something more appropriate for stepping out.
Walking out she heard him barking orders into his phone angrily as she hurried after him fear gripping her. Reaching for his outstretched hand she took it as he led the way out of the house.
"Arrogant fools," he murmured to himself looking outside the window as he stroked his stubbled jaw.
She took his hand bringing it to her lap as they left their home as police bikes zoomed past them surprising her as a police vehicle passed them next before the car leading them started to follow the said vehicles.

"Just to speed up the journey," he whispered knowing she would ask.
The speed at which there were moving had her on the edge of her seat praying as they stopped for no one.
His phone rang as he answered staring outside as they left the city leaving the bikes behind. A few minutes later she spotted a group of vehicles ahead. Without a word she followed him to another car as Eli handed over keys to another man. Helping her into the car Greg pulled Eli aside whispering into his ear as the cars they had previously been in zoomed past her.

She watched in confusion as Eli nodded his head several times before getting into the car after Greg.
"Greg what's happening?" She asked as he smiled at her.
"Someone tried to kidnap Cindy," he said as she looked at him wide eyed.
"What do you mean kidnap. Who? Why?," She asked as he cupped her cheeks.
"Calm down baby," he said with a smile. "She is fine. They didn't even get to touch her. I always have men watching over the kids. I know their every move," he said as she nodded her head.
"Do. Do you know who is behind this?" She asked.
"Yes. That's why we are headed over to the school to get them. Then we will go have a word with the culprits," he said.
"We?" She asked wide eyed seeing him nod his head yes as she looked at him confused even more.
"Get some rest," he murmured as she shifted resting her head on his lap pulling her legs up.

—————

"I am alright," Cindy smiled as T looked beyond worried and scared. She looked behind her seeing Derrick carrying two travel bags whilst Andrew followed behind as they left the house.
"And the boys?"
"Peachy," she smiled before she changed the subject.
"I hear congratulations are in order," she said as her eyes roamed to her belly watching T place a hand over it.
"Thank you. But I feel like the next couple of months will be a trial," she said as they linked arms. She scanned their surroundings seeing other small houses around as college children roamed around.
"Why is that?" She said.
"A certain someone is just too darn overprotective," she said making Cindy chuckle.
"You know. Dad is a man of few words around other people. But one thing I know is he loves us," she said making T look at her in surprise.
"Oh he can try act all tough but I see through it all," she chuckled. "Do you remember the first time I met you," she said.
"How could I forget," T said rolling her eyes as they got into the vehicle.