5 - Past & Present Problems

Watching his expression change she slowly pulled her hand away getting off the bed. Standing to move towards her he reached for her as she avoided his touch walking past him.
He stood frozen trying to process everything.
"Is she okay? Is the baby okay?" He asked wanting to know.

He was not ready to go through what he went through when Theo died. If it meant walking on eggshells that's what he would do for her making sure they were both fine.
"Yes they are fine," the doctor replied with a smile as Greg swore running out of the room.

He found her talking to Collins.
"I'm more than okay Mr Collins. You need not worry," she reassured him with a smile as the man relaxed slightly seeing Greg making his way towards them before becoming more alert.

"T," he said softly as she looked at him telling him this wasn't the place. Reaching for his hand portraying a united front he led her out of the hospital. Telling Eli to take them home they did not speak throughout the journey each looking away from the other as they starred outside.
"Good day madam," their housekeeper greeted her with a smile which T reciprocated.
"Good day sir," she said as Greg greeted her back.
"I don't want to be disturbed," he said as he ran after his wife finding her in the bathroom with the door locked.
"T, you better open this door right now before I break it down," he growled hearing no sound. He gave her a few seconds before picking the lock opening the door. Walking into the room he found her sitting in the tub hugging her legs her face hidden from him as she cried.
"T," He whispered reaching for her.
"Don't," she said in a voice laced with pain as she brushed his hand away whilst she continued to cry.
"Do you want this?" She whispered between them after a while finding him looking at her.

Looking at her in shock he joined her in the tub looking at her.
"Why would you even ask that?" He asked.
"Your expression said a lot back there," she said.
"I'm more concerned about you my love. If anything goes wrong it will break you; it will break me. I never want you to go through the pain you went through after Theo," he said as she looked at him shaking her head no.
"Nothing is going to happen," she whispered reaching to touch his cheek as he stood reaching for her hands pulling her up.
"Nothing will happen to you," he said pulling her into his arms her arms going around his waist. "Not as long as I have breath in me," he said in a deadly tone as a shiver ran down her body.
Pulling her out of the bathroom he helped her out of her clothes. Grabbing his shirt he helped her wear it before she lay down to rest.

—————

"Honestly dad. At your age," Andrew laughed as Cindy pinched his arm.
"Ouch!" He cried out rubbing his arm.
"I'm happy for you guys," Cindy said excited at being an older sibling. "And ignore Andrew you are not even old yet. I'll have you know several of my classmates have a crush on you," she said laughing as Andrew yelled at her to not start with that topic.
"Where is mama Rhymes," Andrew teased smiling.
"Sleeping," Greg said. "Where is your brother?" He asked.
"Study group," Andrew said.
"Okay. How are your studies?"
"Boring," Andrew sighed. "I have exams coming up soon though," he said as his father looked at his son wondering who exactly he took after.
"And you sweetie?" Greg asked looking at Cindy.
"Same old, same old," she shrugged as he nodded knowing that it meant her grades were all good.
"You guys take care. We will visit you in a couple of days," he said as Cindy moved to a room of her own.
"Dad," She said as he turned back to the screen looking at his daughter. "Please take care of them. If anything happens to them I don't think..," she said pausing as she swallowed the lump on her throat.
"Don't worry princess. I know," he said giving her a reassuring smile.
"Forgive Andrew. He is excited for you guys. I for one can tell you he loves T. He just likes teasing you using her," she said making Gregory smile.
"I know princess. Don't worry," he said before they bid each other farewell.