HIRAETH

You smell him everyday in your arms. You see him everyday waking up. You see him open his eyes. Those stary eyes, those black pupils, that holds thoughts galore, an ocean of emotions, looking at you, looking only at you.

As he pulls you in, you feel safe, warm and light. All the tiredness and workload seems to ebb away. They get soaked up by those arms. All worries evaporate as the heat from his body seeps into your skin and then to your bones. You enjoy his arms' warmth. You like it when he holds you. You love it. Raising up, he kisses you on your forehead. You close your eyes and wish for the moment to freeze. You want all the clocks to stop ticking and want everything in this universe to come to a standstill so that he is there with you.

You are with him.

Not alone.

Two souls embracing the company of one another. The true essence of being at home is when you enjoy laying back on a shoulder. He is your home. You cuddle for a while, he looks at you with assurance and comfort. He is your comfort. You seek him day in and day out. You want everything that you have to be laid at his disposal, be it your love, your care or your warmth of understanding. Slowly by slowly, he becomes your habit. We all know how habits are, isn't it? Easy to catch, difficult to let go. You gradually start wearing his words, dancing to his whistles, his footsteps regulate your heartbeat and his kiss makes your world freeze.
As days pass by, your life is filled with the world's most precious elixir, love. Your bittersweet regions are evenly coated with honey. You are healing. Your home is healing you.

Then suddenly one day, you get lost. He is no longer there to warm you. The seasons that you have, is only of frost. You feel homesick. You want to go back home but you can't. The home doesn't exist at all. You slip into the hands of harsh reality. It ends brutally. You grow cold day after day. The home that was healing you earlier is not there for you anymore. You collapse, crumble and fall. You get drunk. You drink poison. The poison you drink, rips your veins and the eyes are numb, blood pools. You feel pain that amplifies with every breath for he was a habit, difficult to let go. You wander like a gypsy. You have no shelter. He is no longer a home to you.

You are alone.
You become homeless.
You become lifeless.