SINISTER

"It is an illusion that youth is happy, an illusion of those who have lost it; but the young know they are wretched for they are full of the truthless ideal which have been instilled into them, and each time they come in contact with the real, they are bruised and wounded."
-W. Somerset Maugham, Of Human Bondage

Youth is indeed, sinister disguised. You fall in all sorts of traps that robs you off your goodwill. You explore paths, unknown. Unclear. Unheard.

With youth comes responsibilities. You are in the process of building yourself on your own. You lean towards things that lure you, you die. Your soul dies. It's easy to lean towards something that is so seemingly easy and all shimmery and gilded. But do we pause and ask if it is worth the outer beauty? The outer cheers of fake pals? The outer world?

Or is it the inside that matters? The soul that matters? The youth is full of sins. Sin of want. Sin of love. Sin of physicality. Sin of grace. Sin of intimacy. Sin of youth. We do indeed walk on thin ice here. A small will to sin more, the youth becomes disastrous. The metal knife clicking the white marble floor with blood dripping from the hands that have freshly killed the soul.

Youth makes you colourblind. You don't see the red signs of danger. You cannot run. You wait in silence. You wait patiently, scared of what the next moment holds. The next move is a nightmare. You choke on your own breaths. The headaches keep on hurting you. The voices in there starts haunting you. You want to return home to the warm arms of your mother. But you can't. You have closed all doors while you walked the life of a sinister gambling everything you ever had. Even your breaths.

You glorify sin but you forget that you are sacrificing yourself to the devil. The devil that would slowly inflict pain until you wake up someday and decide to run. But how far will you run when all you have is lust and greed that you breathe in and out? You gamble and wish to live. Sin after sin is what you commit and yet you want to live. Tell me, how will you live?

You feel that the sins that you commit aren't sins for that has been normalised. "Evil" and "sin" is worshipped whereas the "goodwill" dies. Your soul, the good "will" dies.