the first

this imagine doesn't follow the original story, it's only inspired by it. there's also more parts to this so if you want more.. let me know :)

TW: slight mentions of abuse, alcohol and drugs.

—-

It's really late at night. Last time Kiara checked the time it was 1am and that was around 2 hours ago. There's a keggers at the beach with both kooks and pouges, obviously not without some sort of fighting between the two groups. Kiara has drank a few beers and danced with her friends. But she's not that drunk, just a bit tipsy and laughs at things that normally isn't fun.

After dancing for hours, Kiara feels tired and a bit dizzy. So she starts walking away from the dance floor and the party. She walks along the beach, dragging her feet along the shore. The sand is soft against her skin and the water is chilled. After walking for a while she reaches a small deck with a path reaching up to a house. It's beaten down, the roof hangs low and the colour on the wooden fence is falling off.

She knows that she probably shouldn't walk towards it knowing she's on the cut but her tipsy mind can't stop her legs. Kiara feels like a child on a adventure, looking for treasure or exploring unknown territory. Her mind wanders of, starts imagining that she's 8 again and is on a treasure hunt.

But her imagination gets interrupted by the sound of glass breaking. She looks around in the dark, confused from where the sound came from. Before she can identify where it's coming from, she hears it again but now with a loud scream. Her stomach turns and her mind is filled with possibilities of what or who it may be. The screams gets louder and more aggressive, until she hears another scream but this one is painful and shrieking. There's two voices, two persons.

Only seconds go by until she hears a loud hit combined with screams. The front door of the house slams open and Kiara quickly hides behind a tree and some bushes. It's really dark but the light coming from the door lights up the persons figure. It's a man. The man stands there looking out in the dark, like he's not sure what to do.

The man then starts walking, towards the docks and gets into a boat.
Kiara feels her heart beating fast, they didn't see her. Thank god for the darkness. She waits until the boats engine starts and hears it driving off, before slowly walking out from her hiding place.

Kiara looks at the front door, her heart is still beating fast. She's trying to calm her self down. There was two voices, two persons. What if the other person is hurt? Really hurt, and needs her help? But it could also be someone who will hurt her.

Fuck it. Her curiosity takes over and she needs to know who's in there whether it's someone who's hurt or will hurt her. If someone needs her help she wouldn't be able to forgive herself for not doing anything. Or at least checking.

Kiara walks up on the patio, the wooden floor creaks when her feet gently touches the floor. She stops in her movements, listening for silence before slowly taking more steps. A smell of alcohol and weed fills her nose when she enters the house. The walls have dents and the wallpaper is ripped off on some places. There's a beaten down couch and a coffee table full with beer cans and other alcoholic bottles. In the ashtray lays two joints, one seem used. There's not much pictures or decorations, just a lamp next to the couch and a old rug under the coffee table.

Kiara keeps walking towards the hallway of the house. A door is open, to what she think is the bathroom. The sound of water dripping from a tap fills the silence. She slowly walks towards the bathroom. Not wanting to scare the person in there she forces out a:

"Hello?"

But it's so quiet. Barley she can hear it. She takes a deep breath, trying to calm her heart beat down. Before trying again, this time a bit louder.