the second

hii, this one's a bit shorter. I also have more of this imagine on the way and I'm writing a part two of "needy for touch".
enjoy :)

TW: slight abuse & mention of drugs.

——

Daylight is shining through the curtains. Kiara has been awake for the past hour or two, just laying in bed thinking about nothing and everything. Last nights event wasn't something that usually occurred in her life. She usually goes to parties to get drunk and/or hang out with her friends. Or friend, Sarah. And then she goes home after a few hours to sleep.
But this night ended completely different. She's barely been on that side of the island, the cut. Her parents has warned her about it all her life. That there's bad people there and that she shouldn't talk to or be around those kind of people. They're scared that she will become one of them, a dirty pouge.
But she knows that everyone who's living on the cut isn't a bad person. There're just poor and lives different lifes, a different lifestyle than what the people on her side of the island has.
Last night proved her parents words and on going arguments about the the cut and pouges completely wrong. The boy she met wasn't a bad person. He was broken. Someone who was in desperate need for help.

Which was why Kiara is now laying in bed, not being able to stop thinking about it. About him.
There's something about the whole situation that makes her wanting to know more about the boy. How someone who seems so innocent can be so broken. Some part of her felt like she already knew him, despite them being complete strangers. It was like she could feel his energy, like it she was drawn to it, to him.

Kiara turned on her side and reached for her phone. The time is 7am. She unlocks her phone and goes in to notes, in attempt to write her thoughts and feelings down. It's something she does a lot. Writing makes her feel at ease, calm and like she's got some control over her thoughts. It's also nice just to get stuff out, just write it down and leave it.

She writes about her experience and how she felt last night. It's mostly about the boy, the stranger that was in need of help. How broken and beaten he was, so vulnerable but yet so strong. Usually when she writes things down she can let it go, maybe not for good or right away but after a few hours or days. But this time it's like no matter of much she writes, the thoughts and feelings won't leave.

It's now been about 2 weeks since the two of them met for the first time. Kiara has moved on from it all, maybe not completely forgotten it but she don't think about it as much. But there is one thing that doesn't seem to leave her mind, no matter how hard she tries. What is he thinking? Is he thinking about her or what happened between them? Maybe he's thinking about both or neither. He might have just forgotten about it right after they parted ways or maybe he just doesn't think the situation was a big deal.

Kiara's down at the beach. She's just finished surfing and is now sitting on the sand, taking in the sunset. She usually forces Sarah, her best friend, to come surf with her. All though Sarah can't or won't surf, it's nice to have company. But this time Sarah had other plans, a date with her so called boyfriend. Which meant Kiara was left to surf alone.

It didn't bother her though. It's nice to be alone too, just staring into the ocean with no thoughts in her mind.

"Hey! Get off him!"

Kiara's peace and quiet gets interrupted by a loud voice. The voice is angry and dark and it's coming from the other side of the beach.

"That's enough!! LET GO OFF HIM!!"

This time the voice sounds threatening and even louder than the first time. Kiara tries to see what's happening. But it's hard when they're far away and the sun's almost set.

"Yeah that's right, run away you dirty pouge!"

That voice she recognise immediately. Rafe. Sarah's brother also known as a drug dealing asshole who always gets into fights, especially with pouges.
Kiara grabs her surfboard and is about to leave, she doesn't want anything to do with Rafe. But as she turns around she accidentally hits someone in the head with her board.

"Fuck!"

"Shit I'm sorry, I didn't see you!"

She looks at the person sitting on the sand underneath her. It's him. The boy she met the night of the keggers.
She tries to shake it off and act like she's never met him before, not knowing if he remembers her or not.

He glances at her with a quick smile.

"It's all good."

"Here, I'll help you up."

She reaches for his hand but he dismisses.

"It's alright, I can manage."

The boy stands up and starts walking away. Kiara stands there frozen, like she's seen a ghost. All her thoughts, that took 2 weeks to get away, comes back in less than a second.

Suddenly she's walking and then almost running after the boy. She's not sure what she'll do or say when, or if, she catches up with him. But it's too late to come up with anything now cause she's right behind him.

"I uhm- Excuse me.. I just-"

The boy turns around, looking at her with a confused face.

"Yeah?"

God he is beautiful. Kiara feels her stomach fill up with butterflies. He has bruises and blood on his face that looks fresh, probably Rafe's doing. But she can clearly, for the first time, see his facial structure. His bright blue eyes and sun kissed skin are highlighted in the sunset. His cheekbones and pointy nose are defined and his blonde hair is messy and still a bit wet, from what she guess is from surfing or swimming. She can't stop staring as her cheeks turn red and warm.

"Did you want anything or-?"

"Do you remember me?"

The words comes out quicker than she can think. He looks confused. Shit, he doesn't. While she's been spending the last few days not being able to stop remembering.

"Never mind, I'm sorry for bothering you.."

She's just about to walk away from this awkward situation when he speaks.

"You're Kiara? Right?"

Kiaras face lights up. Does he remember? But she didn't tell him her name.

"How do you-"

"Ey come on man! We gotta go before it gets dark!"

"Gotta go, I'll see you around kook princess."

That's where their second meeting ends. The boy runs off and Kiara is once again left alone. Who knows how long it'll be until they meet again, maybe it'll take even longer this time. But one thing is certain, the boy knows who Kiara is, even that she's a kook.