can't stop thinking about it

this little story takes place after season three. they've been on the whole treasure hunt, had their shared traumas and trials, and have been back to the obx for a few weeks. but when jj and kie kissed in the cabin, they didn't say i love you. so this is a idea of what could've happened if they only kissed.

hope you like :)

TW: angst, mentions of violence and traumatic experiences, a tiny bit of smut ? more like fluff tbh

-

She can't stop thinking about it.

~
His hands touching her hips, gently but firmly pulling her body towards his. Being so close as he whispers her name.

"Kie.."
~

Even when Kiara's mind is occupied with parent issues and trauma of being kidnapped, twice, she can't deny the feelings of deep and genuine affection towards her best friend. Those feelings take over and her thoughts become comforting. It helps to think about him. It makes her gain focus again, of what's important and what's not. He makes her feel, not only calm, but like she can breathe and there's no worry in the world.

The affection is hard to hide, it's useless to and there's no reason to. Cause he's constantly on her mind both consciously and subconsciously. He simply lives in her mind rent free, in the most natural way. She could be sitting on the porch couch at the chateau, flipping through a magazine or laying in bed about to fall asleep, and she'd begin think about him. About what he's doing right this second, where he's off to and what he's thinking about. But she especially thinks about him when something particular happens or when she misses him. Whenever they are apart for a few days (sometimes hours) she really understands how important he his to her. It's like she has to be near him, around him or just hear his voice wether it's from a distance or on the phone. It makes her feel at home, at ease. Like all that's happened, all the trauma, just brushes off, becomes dust in the wind, and she instantly knows that it's all going to be okay. He makes her laugh and smile with his lovable personality and jokes. He makes her feel loved and cared for in a way that her parents don't anymore.

She thinks about him after they've hung out surfing or fishing, about their usual rants and small conversations, their small and unharmed flirting that meant so much more to her than she once thought. About his laugh and warm smile that makes her feel bubbly inside. But there's also those things that makes her want to giggle like a little kid who has a crush on a classmate, and blush so much her whole face turns red. Such as, him being shirtless, him reaching for something over her head or lap, him brushing his arm against hers or him being a little extra touchy with just her.

He also crosses her mind when she sees things that reminds her of him or hears someone talk about something he likes. It immediately makes her want to tell him about it. One time she had seen a poster at the marina about a new movie playing at the cinema on the mainland. The movie itself wasn't what caught her eye or made her think of him, cause it was that kind of cheesy romance that shows the whole plot in the trailer. What caught her eye, and made her think about him, was the small detail in the background. There was a white flag hanging from a tree with black marks and stripes. It was barely visible nor readable but it made her think of him immediately. About pougelandia.

They grew so close on the island. Spent every day together, hunting for fish and exploring the island, and at night they slept closely together. They started off on their own makeshift beds/mattresses that were laying about half a meter from each other, but some nights that gap got filled with their limbs tangled up. Everything from a arm on top of a leg to holding hands. They both argued without words that it just happened, probably cause they were cold or shifted weirdly in their sleep. That's what they told themselves. What other reason would it be?