the eighth

{The next day}

Kiara wakes up in her bed, with blankets and pillows all around her and on her. It's warm and comfortable, leaving a feeling of calmness in her. She's tired and her eyes are sore from crying herself to sleep.

After she broke down last night and her parents hugged and comforted her, she went directly to bed. She didn't really answer them about why she was crying cause in that moment all she wanted was to be comforted and not having to explain or talk about it. They probably thought she was really tired from school or something.

She doesn't really communicate with her parents about her feelings or problems that much. She feels like they wouldn't understand even though she knows they love her. But one things is for certain, they would definitely not understand or be supportive when there's a pouge involved.

Kiara reaches for her phone, that's laying on the bedside table. The time is 7.06 am. She has a message from her mom saying they're going to the mainland for the day and they'll be back for dinner.

"Of course."

This is also why she isn't telling them things. After she completely broke down and cried her eyes out, they just leave cause they have to shop and meet friends for lunch.

Kiara goes out of bed, puts on some sweatpants, a T-shirt and a hoodie. She walks down stairs and grabs a apple before walking outside. She feels like she need to get some air, take a walk and clear her head.

She walks for an hour, not having a direction or goal in mind. The sunlight warms her skin and it feels calm around her. It's a Saturday morning and there's only a few people awake. A person is walking their dog on the beach, the gas station is open and there's a woman filling up her car with gas. Kiara takes a turn around the corner of the bookstore, a turn she usually doesn't take. She's not sure where it leads but she keeps on walking, towards an old water tower, down a small road until she ends up in the cut. The roads and houses are getting more beaten up the more she continues walking. There's fences missing around the houses, the paint is falling of the walls and there's junk laying around on the front- and backyards.

She takes it all in. Feeling a wave of sadness in her stomach, feeling bad for these people who don't have much in life.

She hates it so much. She hates that there's two kinds of people and that their worth is judged by how much money they have. It's so fucking stupid and unfair. It's embarrassing that there's still this big difference between humans. That we haven't come far enough in the world that everyone can live their life how they want without having to be scared or unsure about how their future will be. It's fucking bullshit. And it all comes down to how much money you have, that's what makes you more privileged in life. Not what good things you do for yourself, everything and everyone around you.

Kiara walks and walks, looking at everything around her. Then the road stops. There's a small trail going into a forrest. She walks down it and the trees are tall around her, making her feel small. After around 3 minutes she sees a house on the end of the trail. There's a hammock hanging from two trees, a small coop with chickens and a dock with a boat that has "HMS pouge" written on it with white paint.

Kiara gets deja vu. It feels just like the night she first met JJ. But this house feels different. Despite the condition of it, it feels homey and welcoming. Kiara can't help herself, she has to look closer. There's no car or other vehicles around, making her think there's no one home. But she still walks slowly and a bit hunched down just in case.