simp

TW: angst, smut, sexual tension, drugs, alcohol, underage drinking, violence

this is the longest one yet, over 27k words...
let me know if you like longer stories or not, and maybe I'll do some more long ones in the future.
might be some mistakes here and there.

(they are in their early twenties in this)

——————————————————

There's this word people use to describe someone who's willing to do anything for another person. It doesn't necessarily have to mean that they know the person, but they usually do in some way. The person also have this effect on you that comes from their personality, looks and/or behaviour. The effects are different and varies depending on who you are and who the other person is. It could be romantic, loving, friendly, admirable or sexual, really sexual.

Sometimes there's two or three of these aspects that effects you, other times it's only one of them and some times, in rare cases, it's all of them.

——————————————————

When it comes to loving something or someone, Kiara Carrera knows how that feels. She loves her parents, her best friends, she loves Bob Marley and surfing the waves. These feelings of love are all different, she loves and cares for all the above in different ways.
The water splashing around her while her surfboard rides the waves is an incredible feeling that it brings her joy, it excites her and it can also make her feel calm and at peace. The love she has for her friends is something different, it's like a constant warm feeling in her whole body. There's an unspoken feeling of mutual respect and trust between the pouges that's hard to explain with words. Kiara loves the moments when they're all just hanging out, laying in the hammock or on the couches on the porch, sitting in the HMS pouge and dipping their toes into the water. It's the causal and relaxed moments she treasures the most, even though laughing and sitting by the fire while drinking a beer is fun too.

But...

She never thought something or someone could have this effect on her.  She didn't think it was possible to feel this way, the way that she can't understand yet can't get enough of. Kiara usually has somewhat control over her feelings, thoughts and/or reactions. It obviously depends on the person and/or situation but she can, for most times, keep calm and act somewhat rational. Which can be very helpful being friends with people who sometimes reacts or acts without thinking.

She'd heard about the word and used it as a joke around her friends. Calling each other the word for fun, not really giving it much thought. It's just a word that some people on the internet has come up with to describe a persons feelings and behaviours and it's mostly used as a joke.

But the word suddenly got very topical. Kiara wouldn't say she is one herself and there's probably another word for it that's better. But for everyone to understand what she "is", and due to a slight lack of a better word, I'm going to use the word

simp.

———————————————————

JJ has always been a pouge, born and raised. Living on The Cut, surfing, hanging out with his friends John B and Pope, getting into trouble and smoking or drinking whenever he gets the chance. JJ's never been a guy who "gets it on" with girls, he's been close a lot of times but as soon as they realise or finds out who he is, they back off immediately. JJ has had his reputation his whole life. He's the son of a alcoholic and abusive dad, which is why people are very quick to judge and jump to the conclusion that he's "just like he's father".