two

"I'm telling you man, she was so pretty, and kind..." Steve started rambling about this girl he went on a date with. Right, that was what we were talking about. "Uhuh." I nodded along, as I took another big sip from my beer. "I don't know what it is, it just always feels like something's off. '' he went on. "Maybe it's just Nancy, she's still stuck in my head. '' he spoke. I let out a sigh. "Nancy is a nice girl, but you have to let her go, dude." I replied, maybe a bit agitated. Somehow it seemed like it always came back to this. To him and Nancy. It fell silent, and we quickly drank our beer to open a new one. It would almost seem like we drank to forget our problems.

Steve took out a cigarette and gave one to me, as the silence continued. We both lit the cigarettes, and watched the stars. 

"How come you don't have any stories about girls?" Steve then suddenly asked me. "Who says I don't?" I smirked, as I took another drag. Steve looked at me with a confused expression. "Well, you never asked me." I looked back up to the moon. "I just assumed that..." Steve started. Now I became curious how he was going to finish that sentence. Would he say the words? "...that you never have had a girlfriend," he said.

I looked at him, and simply nodded.

"I once had a girlfriend." I started. It seemed like Steve was very invested in this story, suddenly.

"I think I was about 15, or maybe 16. She was a very nice girl, very pretty also. We both liked rock music, and she was also a bit of a nerd." I took another sip of my beer, as I thought about this long lost memory. "She was way too good for me, to be honest." I laughed