ten

"I'm sorry," he sighed and looked away for a moment.

"However you feel, it's alright." I tried to reassure him, even though I was too freaking out on the inside. I think it was a lot for me to process that the guy that I despised for seeming to be the biggest homophobe, douchebag, bully in our 1st year in high school, was now confessing his sexuality crisis to me in a drunken rant. It almost made me a bit uncomfortable, for I've never even been in this position. No one had really ever been so comfortable with me. "Fuck..." Steve then sighed, as I think it all really kicked in.

"How do you know... If you like... a guy." the words could barely come out of his mouth. His voice was a bit shaky, and it took him a while before he could look me in the eyes. "That's different for everyone, Steve." I sighed, not knowing how to exactly help him sort his thoughts out. "For me, it was just a sort of longing. Sometimes you're friends with someone, and you think that there should be more. That you want there to be more."I started to explain. Steve nodded, as he listened. "But I think..." Steve started speaking again. "I think I still have that with girls."

"You know you could have that with both, right?" I told him. I think he didn't know that there was more than just black and white. "Really?" he asked. "Yes." I laughed a little. It seemed like maybe a new world had opened for him.