five

He inspected my hair, and seemed to be talking to himself about how to cut it. "I think I got this," he said.

I wish I had something to lose, but I didn't, so I let him have his way. "As long as you don't gauge my eyes out, we're good." I smiled. He started with only a couple strands of hair, carefully measuring them, and then cutting them.

"So this girl..." Steve then started up the conversation we were having before. "Was she the only girl?" he then asked. "Yes." I replied, not knowing what to add to that. "I know this is going to sound crazy, coming out of my mouth." Steve then said, making me worried for what was coming next. "But you're a charming dude, Eddie." he nonchalantly said. He said it like it was nothing, but somehow my heart fluttered a bit. "It does sound crazy coming out of your mouth." I laughed, while trying to take another sip from my drink. It was harder because Steve was so close to my face. "I find it hard to believe there really was no other girl that liked you."he went on. I sighed, as I scratched the back of my head. Steve was still concentrating on my bangs. Still cutting them up with just a couple of strands at a time. "It doesn't matter, Steve." I said.