Chapter One.

Shyra Adam

Shyra Adam was a happy sixteen-year-old teenager who had everything planned but some plans didn't work out the way the person wanted.

It was a Monday morning when Shyra's mother Anisa could be seen in the kitchen finishing making breakfast for her husband and daughter.

Meanwhile, Shyra was sleeping and couldn't hear the alarm ring. That's when her mother decided to wake her up.

Anisa walked upstairs to her daughter's room and knocked on the door.

"Shy, come on. You are going to be late for school," her mother yells at her, making Shyra wake up from her slumber.

She turned to look at the clock beside her bed to see that it was about thirty minutes left before she got to school.

"Crap, stupid alarm. You didn't even ring..."

Shyra got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower. She dislikes it when the alarm doesn't work even though she is the one who has set it.

"Shy, your gang's here waiting for you," her mother Anisa yells at her making her trip and almost falling.

"I am coming, mamma. Tell them to wait for one second..."

Shyra didn't even finish what she was saying when her gang came barging into her room making her trip the stairs again.

"This is no time to lie down, Shy. Otherwise, we will be late for the upcoming test that might happen today," Hanan tells her, taking her hand with hers.

"Thank you, unlike these baboons here who are just laughing at me..."

"Hey"

"What tell me if I am lying?" Shyra asks her friends who just shook their heads knowing that they shouldn't mess with her, especially in the mornings.

"Okay, that's enough. It's time for the bus to arrive," Saira tells them while looking at the time.

"Yes, let's go," Shyra says while taking her bag and following the girls out of her room.

"No time for breakfast girls. But I packed some snacks to eat on the bus," Anisa Shyra's mother tells the girls, handing them the packed snacks.

"Thank you, mamma. Love you and Dad so much," all the girls tell her, making her smile.

All the girls call each other's mothers' mamma and their fathers' dad. It has always been like this ever since they were young.

"Okay, go. And..."

"We know, do your best, don't make mistakes", Saira tells her. "You always tell us, Dad. Bye," she added, dragging Hanan and Iman's hands while Shyra was doing the same with Hannah.

"Alhamdullilah, they are together. May Allah always keep them this way no matter what. I pray that they will always stay together in their best, worst, and even great times," Shyra's dad Adam tells his wife.

"In Shaa Allah. Now, I have to go to work. Call me if you ever need anything," he says, kissing her forehead and walking out of the house.

In the coming weeks, it was finally Shyra's seventeenth birthday which was celebrated by everyone who knew her.

She was turning seventeen and almost on her way to her final year of high school making her a few months older than the other girls.

"So you are finally seventeen. Any requests?" her friends ask her.

They usually make a special present for each other's birthday.

"Nothing, just that Dad won't be late this time..."