Chapter Forty-nine

The Will.

After celebrating her 21st birthday Shyra received a call from her parents' lawyer who was also Azaan's uncle and Hanan's father.

She wanted someone to be there with her but she didnt want to choose between Imran and Samir. So she asked her Aunt Hayat and Uncle Aayan as they were just like her parents and she trusted them with everything that she had.

"Are you ready to do this?" Hayat asks Shyra while they are driving to the lawyer's office. "Dont worry, you have us if anything happens," she added smiling at her.

Alhamduliah for Uncle Aayan and Aunt Hayat with me. Dad trusted them with everything and now it's my turn to do that. Hopefully, this day will go well, in shaa Allah.

Shyra was nervous about the visit but when Azaan's younger brother Azhar who was also a lawyer and worked for Khalid assured her that everything would go well in shaa Allah.

"We are here, Shyra. Are you ready to do this?" Uncle Aayan asks her with a small smile on his face.

"I dont know but I will be if I go inside," she says as they all get out of the car. "Are you guys coming inside with me? I would love it if you would come with me," she added smiling.

"Yes, that if he will allow it," Aayan answers her while they are walking towards the building.

All three of them said a prayer before they were directed to where to go by the receptionist.

It was on the seventh floor where Khalid was currently waiting for them outside his office.

"Sir, she said that they are on the elevator and they are on their way up," Zianna Hussein who is Azhar's PA tells him.

"Okay, is everything ready? I dont want anyone disturbing us," he says to her.

"Dont worry Uncle. I am sure that she made everything the way you want, isn't that right Miss Hussein," Azhar says interrupting them.

Zianna couldn't help but roll her eyes at him. Before she could answer, the elevator stopped, revealing Shyra, Aunt Hayat, and Uncle Aayan.

"Asalam Aleikum."

"Waleikum Salaam, I hope we are just in time," Hayat asked Khalid and Azhar who nodded at her.

Azhar looked at his uncle who nodded at him. He won't be inside the office with Khalid when the will is being read because he isn't a part of the case.

"I hope everything works out for the best, Shyra. And don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions," Azhar tells her. She nodded and then he excused himself to go to his office when Hayat walked past Zianna and smiled at her.

"I now know why my son is smiling where he gets out of the office. Thank you for making him smile," she says to Zianna who is confused about why Hayat said that to her.

They all walked inside Khalid's office and took their designated seats.

Khalid then started reading what the will says and handed Shyra a letter from her mother which she read out to everyone in the room.

Dear Shyra,

I know that this letter will reach you but it will be too late because of what will happen to me and your father.

I gave this letter to Khalid because I knew that he was the right person that I could trust. He will guide you in anything that you will need.

I love you Habibty. First of all, I am sorry for not being there for you when you need me.

You are our blessing, Habibty. I am writing to you because it is time for you to take the family company but if you aren't ready for it, you can postpone it until you are ready.

Don't rush, Shyra in anything. Pray and then make the decision that is meant to be yours. Never let anyone tell you that you aren't worthy of running the company. You are your father's daughter and mine too.

You are courageous and unique. Always remember you are loved by your parents even though we won't be with you.

We love you Shyra and never forget that.

Love your mamma and Dad.

Tears started to form on Shyra's face but she also had a smile on her face knowing that her parents' blessings would always be with her. And that she was loved by them until the end.

"Thank you for keeping my mother's letter for me. I am thankful to have people around me who love me," she says while holding Hayat's hand with hers.

"You are most welcome. And what are you plans now?"

"I dont know because I still need to make one more decision about my future before I decide anything," Shyra says smiling knowing that even though her decision will hurt someone, she knows that it is the best for herself and the people in her future.

Sometimes the decision that Allah shows us is better than the one we make for ourselves. His plan is better than ours.