Chapter Thirty-Seven.

"What did Shyra do for you to be against me being with her?"

Samir needed to ask why his parents were so against him marrying Shyra. He needed answers and knew that without them, his parents would force him to marry Warda who was becoming like a leech especially when she was everywhere that he didn't want her to be.

Especially now when Shyra is in town. He doesn't want them to meet because Warda would lie to her so that she would leave again and this time maybe for good.

"Are you sure thats the best thing you want to do?" His best friend Azaan asks him. "Because you need to be prepared for whatever answer they give you. No matter what type it is. You also need to have an open mind with whatever you will ask them. Samir, they are your parents and..."

"I know what you mean but I need answers, Azaan. Imagine if that was you then? I know that you would demand the answers from your parents. All I want are answers as to why they disliked Shyra as soon as we graduated high school? I dont wnat anything from them, just answers," Samir explained to his friend who understood him but he was also worried about what his parents might do. They might even try and lie to him or even tell him that she isn't good for him without a reason.

"Okay but if you need someone to be there, you can always count on me, okay?"

"No, its okay. Saira needs you now more than ever and you need to stay with her because it is almost time for her to give birth and remember the unknown is stil out there," Samir says to his friend who understands that he needs to do this alone.

Samir knew what time both of his parents would be home and thankfully his sister would be at her friend's house even though he did not want that especially when she was a Muslim girl who hung out with boys and their parents encouraged it.

Samir didn't want to intrude on how his parents were raising his younger sister. A lot of times he was told by his mother that he isn't her father and that his sister can do whatever she wants with her life.

After work, Samir made up his mind to go and see his parents before heading back to his apartment. The main reason why he had moved out was because his mother was too controlling and his father always compared with some of his cousins. His father always told him how he wished that one of his cousins was his son and not him because he was disappointed that he opened his investigating company rather than go and work for him.

After assigning projects to his employees, Samir walked out of the building to go to his parent's house before he changed his mind.

Azaan was right about being calm. But what if they tell me something that I won't like? Only Allah knows that I dont want to hurt my parents but sometimes I need answers even if it will hurt them. I can't let them belittle Shyra even when she didnt do anything to them.

Samir took a deep breath before getting into his car to drive to his parents. In his mind, he kept thinking if his parents would give him the right answer.

All he does is hope and pray that he will get the correct answers he has been looking for and end this conflict that his parents have with Shyra.

Samir then parked his car and walked out, to find that both of his parents' cars were there and he was thankful that Warda's car wasn't there.

He knocked on the front door and then one of the maids opened it to let him come inside the house.

Samir walked in and headed straight to his parents' study to find both of them there.

"Asalam aleikum, mum and dad. How are you doing?" Samir asks them politely trying to keep his composure.

His parents answered him and then looked at each other before getting to the topic.

"Are you here to tell us that you are ready to marry Warda?" His mother asks him.

Samir was surprised by what her mother said because she wouldn't stop planning a wedding that didn't exist.

"What did Shyra do for you to be against me being with her?" Samir asks them. "I need to know because you keep telling me that it isnt important but it is to me. Now answer me," he added looking at his parents.

"That's not a topic to talk now..."

"If thats what your answer is, then I will leave and never come here again. You will get exactly what you want. Losing me is..."

"Fine. I will tell you why I hate her. She slept with her cousin and then tried to frame him for rape. She ran away from home after stealing almost everything from her Uncle and Aunt's place. Shyra isnt the girl for you and now you know why. Samir the only person who is for you is Warda and no one else," his mother says firmly.

Samir couldn't believe what his mother just told him. The lies that Shyra's aunt and uncle told her. He knew the truth because Shyra had shown him the hospital report and everything that she collected against Amir.

He didnt even want to listen to anything that his mother was saying to him.

"Sometimes the truth is near you but you are too blind to see it. And I can't lead to the truth when you dont want to even open your eyes to see," Samir tells his parents before leaving the study because he doesn't want to get angrier than he already is.