Chapter Forty

The First And Last Court Date.

Two Weeks Later.

Many people will say that panic attacks occur when you see someone who hurt you, but what they dont know is that the trauma and memories that we have in our minds also matter.

It was time for Shyra to face him and his parents in court as Janna said to her and Imran that it might be a minimal trial and not a long one like his parents.

Everything was presented in the court while Shyra was shaking with fear that he was beside her with his lawyer.

But Janna assured her and Imran that he would never win even if he had hired the richest lawyers in the entire country.

The evidence against him is more than sufficient to put him in jail for a very long time.

It was just a matter of the court hearing both sides before deciding the sentence of Amir.

Janna is so sure that he will be found guilty because of the testimonies of Iman, Saira, Hanan, and Hannah, who were there that fateful day. They were the ones who took her to the hospital and also Aunt Sameera who was the one who examined her and gave her the check she needed at that time.

"Will all the shreds of evidence, it's time for the court to take a small break. And we will be back in five minutes," the judge tells everyone and then stands up and walks out of the court.

Shyra accidentally turned to the side where he was with his lawyer and his parents. She could see the anger in his eyes, but she quickly looked away because of the fear she still had of him.

Shyra might appear strong but in reality, she was beyond nervous especially when all the shreds of evidence, they didn't expect that she would have collected enough to keep their son in prison for a long time.

His parents were so angry at him because of how careless he was especially when talking about what he did to Shyra.

"I told you to keep away from her but you were insistent to be with her in any way that you wanted. And now look at what your stupid brain did. You raped her and even confessed to doing it. How stupid can you be, Amir?" His mother asked him angrily as they knew that the verdict would be guilty and he would be sent to jail for life.

 I will not go to jail because she is mine the minute that she walked into my life, she was mine. Her parents didn't want the arrangement to happen and my parents dealt with them. I won't go to jail, thats my promise.

After twenty minutes, the judge walked inside the courtroom and sat.

He then took a deep breath and started talking.

"I have listened to everyone's testimonies and I have decided on today's case. And I decide that Amir Jamal is guilty and to be sentenced to ten years in prison," he says making Amir turn to face Shyra with fury in his eyes.

As he was about to lunge at her, he was stopped by the policemen and Imran quickly walked in front of Shyra protecting her.

Meanwhile, Samir watched from the sidelines because he didn't want to let anyone know that he was there. He wanted to talk to Shyra before revealing everything that he had discovered about his investigations.

He was shocked to see the man he met a few months ago at the event. The man was in front of Shyra within seconds and was protecting her.

Who is he to Shyra? I need to know...

His thoughts were interrupted by the judge who ordered the officer to take Amir to the police station immediately.

"I promise you, Shyra that I will get you, and if I do no one will ever find you. That's my promise to you"!!

Amir shouts while being dragged out of the courthouse.

After everything settled down Amir's parents walked towards Shyar was still guarded by Imran. He didn't want to leave her side even if she kept telling her that she was okay.

"You got what you wanted right? Our innocent son in jail because you couldn't..."

"Shut up!!"

Shyra yelled at them. This surprised everyone who was there including them.

"If he is innocent then why did he rape me? If he was innocent then why are all the evidences against him? I never did anything to your son, to make him the way he is. Your parenting skills weren't something that he needed. He needed to be a man who didnt need to stand behind his parents just because he committed a crime. Your precious son ruined my life that I had to ran away from my family, my friends and the memories of my parents just to get away from him. Don't you dare blame your parenting skills on me? He wasn't a kid when he raped me and now he is an adult who need to pay for what he did to me," Shyra yells while tears pour down her face. She harshly rubs them away. "My parents will also get their justice, in shaa Allah. And I will be the one to give it to them," she added walking away from them.

They were angry at her and wanted revenge for what just happened to their son.

There's one person to call, who would humiliate her into leaving again and this time she might never come back.