Chapter Fourteen.

"You needed that, Shyra".

After the session, Dr. Saalim requested Imran to take Shyra home after changing her attire. He knew that what happened had taken a toll on her mental health and she needed to be monitored.

Dr. Saalim knew that Ayra and Imran would help with that but Shyra would need to be the one to take a step toward her healing journey.

"Imran, dont ask her anything or even try and talk to her," Dr. Saalim tells his son who nodded.

When Shyra came out of the room dressed in her clothes, she looked tired of everything in her life. But deep in her heart, she knew that finding courage wasn't meant for the weak.

"Shyra, go home and rest. We will see each other on Monday next week In shaa Allah," Dr. Saalim tells her. She just nodded and walked outside of the building and waited for Imran near the car.

After five minutes, Imran came out but only when his father had given him instructions on how to handle Shyra's well-being. Apart from studying business, Imran has always been fascinated by what his father's work is like. So he took a few classes in a different university but had to drop out because Ayra needed a new environment after what happened at her former school.

The kids were starting to be mean to her because of her father's age and the fact that she didnt have a mother in her life.

Imran opened the door without saying a word to Shyra. She got into the car and he walked to the driver's seat and got in.

He started the car while Shyra was looking outside the window with tears running down her face.

All the anger was replaced by pain inside her heart. The pain of her needing a mother in her life to help her and a father to guide and protect her.

But she couldn't fault them as they died in a car accident on her birthday. That's why Shyra always refused to celebrate her birthday even if it is with just Raya.

"Shyra, I know that I am the last person to say this but,you needed that," Imran tells her. "Dont be confused, all I am saying is you need to get all that anger out of your body for you to heal yourself..."

"What about my damaged soul? Who will heal that? Who will heal it?" Shyra asks him with a tear-stricken face. "How will I be able to have a future when he ruined it? I considered him to be my brother and family..."

"He doesn't deserve you to talk about him. As for the person who will heal your soul, that will be Allah. Pray that He heals it and gives you a bright future. The future that you deserve in life. And you are not damaged, dont ever think that," Imran says trying to compose himself. "Ayra thinks the world of you. She always wants to be by your side because of your pure heart. Don't let yourself and her down just because of the voices that are telling you things that arent true," he added.

Shyra stayed silent for a few minutes only to realize that they had arrived at their apartment building. They had spent the entire afternoon at the session and now it was time for them to pray Asr.

"Thank you..."

"You can thank me by allowing yourself to heal and feel again. You are an amazing person that I have known in the past few months. You captured my daughter's heart," Imran says while parking the car. He was about to say his heart too but couldn't. Because Shyra didnt need that in her life. What she needs is to heal and fight for her future.

"I can try but I cant promise anything..."

"Thats a start. Now, let's go and then we will meet for dinner with Ayra. Is that okay with you?" Imran asked her as they walked inside the building.

"Sure. Yes, it is okay," Shyra says.

They walked inside the elevator with their minds on what happened that afternoon.

For someone who went through a lot, she is very strong ma shaa Allah. She will need to open her heart to heal her soul.

Shyra wiped her tears and promised herself a fresh start in her life. But first, she must do what Dr. Saalim told her a few days ago. The homework of write nice things about herself. But all she could think about was what Ayra told her about learning to love yourself.

The elevator comes to a stop at their floor, and both of them get out and walk toward their respective doors.

"See you at dinner."

"In shaa Allah."

Shyra walked into her apartment and took a deep breath before heading to her room to freshen up and pray.

Prayers are the only ones that can help me now. Allah will show me what to do even though I am not strong enough but I can try to be.

After freshening up, Shyra did her wudhu (ablution) and then took her prayer mat. She laid on the ground and then she wore the praying gown.

Shyra felt refreshed after praying and decided to read a few verses of the Quran.

Meanwhile, Imran was done with his prayers and started to prepare dinner when he heard the doorbell ring. As he was about to go and get the door, Ayra beat him to it.

"Ayra, always ask who is at the door, before opening it," he tells her.

"I know that Dad."

Before she asks who it is, Ayra looks at the peephole and then opens the door to find Shyra standing there with a gift bag in her hand. Ayra welcomed her inside and closed the door.

"Dad, Shyra is here," she tells her father. "Come, let's go and sit down," she leads her to the couch.

"This is for you. I hope you like it," Shyra says handing the gift bag to Ayra who happily opened it.

She was surprised to find a Quran that had an embroidery of her name. And she pulled out a prayer mat that also had her name embroidered on it.

"Ma shaa Allah, they are so beautiful. Thank you so much, Shyra," Ayra says giving her a hug and grinning.

"You are most welcome. I didnt know which color you like so I ordered the color grey, I hope that's okay with you?" Shyra asks Ayra who was admiring the embroidery on the Quran.

"Thank you so much. I love it and it looks amazing," Ayra replies making her smile.

Imran watched the smiles on her daughter and Shyra praying that no one should take that away from them.

He was happy that Ayra had found someone like Shyra even though she kept calling herself broken.

You deserve that smile on your face, Shyra. And I can't thank you enough for what you are doing to my daughter. You are giving her tha love, care, and hugs of a mother figure. Alhamdullilah.