Chapter Forty-Four

"It wasn't an accident, I am sorry".

It has been a few weeks since Samir's parent gave him the ultimatum. He knew that they wouldn't stop until he made the decision but Samir couldn't leave Shyra alone in this battle of hers.

Samir was adamant about seeing Shyra to give what he had found in his investigations about her parent's death. Even after Aayan told him not to go and see her, Samir didn't care about the consequences of his actions.

But what his parents told him lingered in his mind. He didnt want to lose either. Both Shyra and his parents were important to him and he doesn't want to lose them or even choose who to be with.

"Samir..."

"No, Uncle. I need to be there when you tell her about the news of her parents' death. I know that my parents will know but she is also important to me. Please Uncle," Samir says begging Aayan.

Ayan couldn't help but smile at the young man's face. He nodded making Samir cheer knowing that he could trust his Uncle Aayan with his life and the life of Shyra.

"But on one condition, if you see someone there with her, dont ask who he is, okay?" Aayan asks Samir who nods.

They both walked out of the office and got into the car to drive to Shyra's home.

"I didn't know she lived in her old neighbourhood?" Samir asks while Aayan parked the car in front of Shyra's old house.

"Yes, she made sure that her parents' house was well-taken care off. Plus its the house she always loved," Aayan explained to him.

They both got out of the car and walked toward the front door. Ayan then rang the doorbell, and after a few minutes, Imran opened the door.

Samir was shocked to see the guy he met a few months ago at an event in Shyra's house. He wanted to ask who he was but then he remembered the condition that Uncle Aayan told him.

 "Asalam Aleikum, is Shyra in?" Aayan asks politely.

"Waleikum salaam. Yes, she is inside. Please come in," he says opening the door wider for the two men to get inside. He then turned to face Samir.

"Aren't you Samir? The guy who won the award a few months ago?" Imran asks him.

"Yes, I am and you are Imran. Dr. Saalim's son," Samir says making Imran nod.

"Yes thats me. I will go and get Shyra. Please excuse me."

Imran walked away to get Shyra who was in her parents' study trying to print some documents that Janna had sent over by email.

"Shyra, Uncle Aayan, and Samir are here to see you. They are waiting for you in the living room," Imran tells her.

"Thanks. Come on, let's go and see what they want," Shyra says, surprising Imran as he thought she would want to talk to them privately.

They walked into the living room together making Samir have more questions.

"Asalam aleikum Uncle and Samir. How are you doing?" Shyra asks greeting the two men while taking a seat in a different direction from where Samir was sitting.

"Waleikum salaam. Alhamdulilah I am fine. I am here to tell you the news about your parent's accident. The investigations are done and it's bad, Shyra," Aayan explains to her. But deep down Shyra knew what he was about to tell her.

"What is it, Uncle?" Shyra asks him while holding her breath hoping that it isn't what she has thought all this time.

"I am sorry, but it isn't good news, Shyra..."

"They killed my parents. Why...why did they do it?" Shyra asks while tears start to fall from her eyes.

The moment that Aayan nodded confirming what Shyra had asked. She broke down not caring about anything or who was there.

"It wasn't an accident, I am sorry, Shyra," this time it was Samir who spoke in a sad voice knowing that he wasn't even able to hold her.

"Its okay. Its no one's fault. Uncle Aayan do you have enough proofe for that?" Shyra asks wiping her tears and trying to focus on getting justice for her parents even if it is the last thing she does in her life.

"Yes, Alhamdulilah. Samir and I have collected every piece of evidence we could find but it wont be easy, Shyra..."

"I know and I understand that Uncle. But this is for my parents and getting the justice they deserve. And I know that te road witll be risky especiallywhen they will know that i know about what they did to my parents," Shyra says determined to bring justice to her parents' death.

Imran felt more proud of the woman who was sitting beside him. 

Shyra knew that the road to the justice she wanted would be very hard and risky as her aunt and uncle wouldn't stop until they got what they wanted even if it was to resort to the same method as they did with her parents.

Even if it means killing her.