Chapter Forty-five

The Mysterious Letter In Shyra's Room and Her Final Decision.

After the blow that Uncle Aayan had told her, Shyra knew that they couldn't get away from killing her parents. She couldn't believe that siblings could kill their siblings for money. Her Uncle wasn't the type of person he is now when she grew up. She remembered how kind he was to her but suddenly that changed and he started changing. Thats when Shyra's father had to cut ties with him. He was always going to still be her uncle but only from afar.

Greed can make a friend or even a family member turn into your worst enemy.

"Shyra, could we talk?" Samir asked her while Aayan was talking to Imran.

"Samir..."

"Five minutes, please, Shyra," he begged her.

Taking a deep breath, Shyra nodded and asked him to follow her to her parents' study so that they could talk without interruptions.

As they walked inside the office, Samir left the door open as it was not appropriate for them to be in the same room.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" Shyra asked as she took a seat while Samir did the same.

"Why didnt you tell me that you lived at your parents' old home?" He asked her.

"I didnt have to because your mother and fiancee showed up here a few days back. They demanded for me to stay away from you and your mother even slapped me because in her words, ' I will ruin your life', Shyra explained to him. This revelation shocked Samir as he knew that he didn't have a fiancee and he knew that his mother would do anything to stop him from having a future with Shyra. "Don't worry, I am not telling you all of that to complain to you. But I have made a decision and I am letting you and our friendship go. Because your parents are more important to you and if mine were alive I would hesitate to do anything to just be with them one last time. But unfortunately, that will never happen," she added smiling sadly at Samir who was shocked to hear her say that.

"But I don't want to let off you or even our friendship. Is it because of my mother or because of Imran?" He asked shocking Shyra. "I am sorry..."

"Stop right there, Samir. He helped me get the justice that I needed and you helped me get my parents the justice they deserve. And I am sorry if you think that my decision is based on Imran. It isn't. It was based on the fact that your parents would never accept me as your friend or even someone you love. Yes, I know that you are in love with me, Samir. But try and find someone who will give you the future that you truly deserve. And for that woman who came here to tell me to stay away from you, she is what your mother wants in your life. I am not," Shyra says looking at the expression on Samir's face.

"I will fight for you. And I will fight for us..."

"You can't fight for me because I don't want you to. I dont want you to fight for me. I made the choice and I hope that you will stick to it because Samir, they are your parents and they need you in their lives. If my parents were alive, I wouldn't hesitate to drop everything for them," Shyra explained to him.

In his heart and mind, Samir knew that Shyra was right but he loved her and that will never change.

"He loves you, you know that?" Samir asks Shyra.

"Who?"

"Imran, he loves you. I can see it in his eyes and the way he protects you from everyone..."

"He is just a friend, Samir..."

As Samir was about to reply, they were interrupted by Imran who was looking for them because Aayan was about to leave and he didnt want to leave Samir there.