2

(Y/n's POV)

We stood on the platform, when we heard a car coming so we quickly ran down the steps to see if it was the professor. The car drove past us and we all stood there disappointed. "Perhaps we've been incorrectly labelled." Edmund suggests as we all stand there thinking of reasons no one was there to get us.

"The professor knew we were coming." Susan said, only seconds before we could hear the sound of horses coming from the same direction as the car came from. We looked and say a woman driving a horse and carriage towards us.

The horse and carriage stops in front of us. "Mrs. Macready?" Peter asks looking up at her. "I'm afraid so." She responds with a sturn look on her face. "Is this it then? Haven't you brought anything else?" She asks looking at us. Peter looks up ate her again, "No ma'am, it's just us." he responds.

"Small favours." Mrs. Macready says, then nods for us to get in the back. We all hop in and Mrs. Macready starts to take us to the Professor's. As we near it I am flabbergasted as I have never seen a house as big as this in my life. Even outside looked massive. I could have never imagined something like this place in my wildest dreams.

Mrs. Macready leads us inside the house, "Professor Kirke is not accustomed to having children in this house. And, as such, there are a few rules we need to follow." She tells us. "There will be no shouting, or running. No improper use of the dumbwaitor." She informs us. Susan reaches out to touch a statue when Mrs. Macready shouts, "No touching of the historical artifacts!" I turn and look at Peter and Edmund quietly laughing and saw they were to.

"And above all, there should be no disturbing of the professor." Mrs. Macready warns us.

We all follow her to our rooms. Susan, Lucy and I shared a room, while Peter and Edmund shared the room next to ours. When we got to our room us girls started unpacking, and in their room the boys did too. When he finished unpacking Peter came into our room while Edmund ready for bed.

Peter was listening to the radio while I was reading in a chair and looked up to see Lucy crying in the bed. I closed my book having had enough and stood up and turned off the radio. Peter looked over to me wondering why I turned it off and I nodded towards Lucy. Susan, Peter and I all walked over to Lucy, Peter and I sitting at either end of the bed and Susan standing opposite Lucy, as Lucy said, "The sheets feel scratchy." trying to hide the fact she was sad.

"Wars dont last forever Lucy, we'll be home soon." Susan says giving Lucy a reassuring smile. "Yeah, if homes still there." Edmund says walking into the room. "Isn't it time you were in bed?" Susan says having had enough of Edmund's behaviour.

"Yes, mum." Edmund says, having had enough of his older siblings acting like grown ups. "Ed!" Peter warns him. "You saw outside. This place is huge. We can do whatever we want here. Tomorrow's gonna be great. Really." Peter says to Lucy reassuring her. After that the boys left, and us girls went to sleep.

*569 words*

*I'm sorry if this is bad it is my first story*