10

I couldn't believe my eyes. There standing before me was Father Christmas himself. I told Edmund he was real.

"Merry Christmas sir." Lucy said, a beaming smile on her face.

"It certainly is Lucy, since you have arrived." He replied to her.

"Look I put up with alot since i got here. But this..." Susan started clearly confused.

"We thought you were the Witch." Peter said cutting off his sister before she said anything she would regret.

"Yes. Sorry about that but, in my defense, I've been driving one of these, longer than the Witch." Father Christmas said defending himself.

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia." Susan said confused.

"No. Not for a long time. But the hope that you have brought, your Majesties, is finally starting to weaken the witch's power." He informed us.

"Still I dare say you could do with these." He said before taking his bag out of his sleigh.

"Presents!" Lucy exclaimed happily as she walked forward toward him. He took out a small belt with a glass bottle on the side containing some kind of cordial.

"The juice of the fire flower. One drop will cure any injury." He said giving it to her. He then took out a dagger, "And though I hope you never have to use it." He said giving it to her.

"Thank you, sir, but I think I could be brave enough." Lucy replied.

"I'm sure  you could. But battles are ugly affairs." Father Christmas said smiling at her. He then got a bow and arrow and a horn shaped as a lion's head out of his bag.

"Susan. Trust in this bow and it will not easily miss." He said handing it to Susan.

"What happened to 'Battles are ugly affairs'?" Susan asked. This made Father Christmas chuckle.

"Though you don't have a problem with making yourself heard, blow on this and wherever you are, help will come." He said handing the horn to Susan.

"Thanks." Susan said gratefully.

"Peter." Father Christmas called Peter over. He took a sword with a lion's head on the handle and a shield with a lion's head on it out of his bag. "The time to use these may be near at hand."

Peter took the sword out of its sheath. "Thank you, sir." Peter said staring at his sword.

"And last but certainly not least. Y/n." He said calling me over. I walked over to him as he took a sword like Peter's but a little smaller, bow and arrow like Susan's and a necklace out of his bag.

"As I said to Peter, the time to use these may
be near at hand." He said handing me them. "You may be wondering as to why I am giving you this necklace, but all will be answered soon."

This is what I imagine the necklace looks like:

I was so confused. What did I need a necklace for? What relevance did a necklace have to any of this?

"Thank you, sir." I said confused.

"These are tools, not toys. Bear them wisely. Now I must be off. Winter is almost over, and things do pile up when you've been gone a hundred years."

He picked up his bag and put it in his sleigh, then turned back to us. "Long live Aslan. And Merry Christmas!" He said getting into his sleigh and the riding off.

"Bye!"

"Thank you!"

"Merry Christmas!"

"See you next year!"

"Merry Christmas!"

"Goodbye!"

*579 words*

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!!