7

"It's a beaver." Lucy said shocked. Peter started walking forward, reaching his hand forward, trying to get the beaver to come closer.

"Here boy. Here boy."

"I'm not gonna smell it, if that's what you want." THE BEAVER CAN SPEAK?! I was in complete and utter shock. Since when can beavers talk. Lucy was giggling at what the beaver had said to Peter.

"Lucy Pevensie." The beaver said. This made Lucy stop laughing because she was shocked the beaver knew her name.

"Yes." She said walking towards the beaver. The beaver handed her something. It was a handkerchief with the initials L.P. sewn on it. It was the handkerchief Lucy had given Mr. Tumnus. Lucy seemed to be shocked by this, and so was I.

"But this is the hanky I gave Mr. Tu..."

"Tumnus." The beaver interrupted. "He got it to me just before they took him."

"Is he alright?" Lucy asked concerned.

"Further in." The beaver said before walking away. Peter, Lucy and I started following him.

"What are you doing?" Susan asked us.

"She's right." Edmund agreed. "How do we know we can trust him?"

"He said he knows the faun." Peter justified.

"He's a beaver. He shouldn't be saying anything." Susan said in a "duh" tone.

"Everything alright?" The beaver asked.

"Yes. We were just talking." Peter explained.

"That's better left for safer quarters." The beaver whispered.

"He means the trees." I explained.

We all started following the beaver. "C'mon we don't want to be caught out here after nightfall." We got to a dam that had a chimney with steam coming out of it. "Blimey! Looks like the old girl has got the kettle on. Nice cup o' Rosy Lee."

"It's lovely." Lucy complimented.

"It's merely a trifle, you know. Still plenty to do. Ain't quite finished it yet. It'll look the business when it is, though." The beaver said walking up to the dam.

"Beaver is that you? I've been worried sick! If I find you've been out with badger again, I..." The female beaver cut herself off when she saw us. "Oh. Well, those aren't badgers. Oh, I never thought I'd see this day. Look at my fur. You couldn't have given me ten minutes warning?"

"I would have given you a week if I thought it'd help." Mr. Beaver joked. We all laughed.

"Oh, come inside, and we'll see if we can get you some food, and some civilised company." Mrs. Beaver said. Mr, Beaver chuckled at the last part.

"Now careful. Watch your step." Mr. Beaver warned.

"Excuse the mess. Can't get Mr. Beaver to get out of his chair." Mrs. Beaver said.

We all went inside, took our coats off and left them by the fire. We then sat down, Peter, Susan, Lucy and I at the table, and Edmund on the stairs.

"Isn't there anything we can do about Tumnus?" Peter asked concerned.

"They'll have taken him to the Witch's house. You know what they say. There's few that go through them gates that come out again." Mr. Beaver explained.

"Fish and Chips?" Mrs. Beaver said trying to stray away from the topic. "But there's still hope, dear. Lots of hope."

Mr. Beaver spat out his drink, "Oh, yeah, there's a right bit more than hope! Aslan is on the move." Mr. Beaver said.