6

We were all outside. Lucy and I were sat up against a tree reading, while Susan, Peter and Edmund were playing cricket.

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket." Peter said as he pitched ball. It hit Edmund in the leg.

"Ow!" Edmumd complained. "Whoops. Wake up dolly daydream." Peter joked.

"Why can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund asked, which I thought was odd.

"I thought you said it was a kids game." Peter said. "Besides, we could all use the fresh air." Susan exclaimed joyfully.

"It's not like there isn't air inside." Edmund and I said at the same time. We looked at eachother. I started to blush and quickly looked back to my book.

"Are you ready?" Peter asked Edmund. "Are you?" Edmund replied annoyed.

Peter threw the ball, Edmund hit it with his bat, and it went straight into a window. There was a big crash. Oh no.

We all ran into the house and into the room Edmund hit the ball into. When we got there we saw that a suit of armour was knocked over. Great.

"Oh well done Ed." Peter said annoyed. "You bowled it." Edmund defended. Then, suddenly, we heard footsteps. Oh no.

"The Macready!" Susan exclaimed. We all looked at eachother scared. Then ran. We all looked for a place to hide but there was no where.

We came to the hallway that the spare room. The first door was locked as suspected. We tried the second door and it was open.

We all ran inside and closed the door. Edmund sprinted towards the wardrobe door and opened it signalling for us to go inside, "Come on." He said, odd.

"Oh, you have got to be joking." Susan said not looking pleased. She sighed and we all ran to the wardrobe. We all went inside and Peter closed the door behind us.

"Ow"
"You're on my foot"
"Stop shoving"

Susan and Peter landed in the snow. They looked behind them and saw the forest. They were in complete shock.

"Impossible." Susan said mesmerized by what she saw. "Don't worry. I'm sure it's just your imagination." Lucy said repeating what they had said to her.

Peter chuckled, "I don't suppose saying we're sorry would quite cover it." "No, it wouldn't." Lucy replied.

Suddenly, she threw a snowball directly at Peter's face. "But that might." She finished.

Lucy, Susan, Peter and I all started throwing snowballs at eachother, when Susan threw one at Edmund trying to get him to join in.

"Ow," He whined. "Stop it!" We all looked at Edmund. "You little liar." Peter said. "You didn't believe them either." Edmund defended.

"Apologise to Y/n and Lucy." Peter said. "Say you're sorry!" Peter exclaimed fed up with Edmund's behaviour.

"Alright, I'm sorry." Edmund said giving into Peter. "That's alright. Some little children don't know when to stop pretending." Lucy said mocking what Edmund had said before.

"Maybe we should go back." Susan said. "Shouldn't we atleast take a look around." Edmund suggested. "I think Lucy should decide." Peter said.

Lucy's face lit up like it was Christmas day. "I'd like you all to meet Mr. Tumnus." She beamed. "Well, then Mr. Tumnus it is." Peter declared walking towards the wardrobe.

"But we can't go hiking in the snow, dressed like this." Susan said shivering. "No, but I'm sure the professor wouldn't mind us using these." Peter said handing everyone a coat.

"And when you think about it, logically, we're not even taking them out of the wardrobe." Peter finished.

"But that's a girl's coat." Edmund complained. "I know." Peter said in a "duh" tone, pushing the coat in Edmund's arms.

We all started walking to Mr. Tumnus's house goofing around. But, Edmund seemed to be upset, for some reason.

When we were close to his house Lucy and I noticed the door was off it's hinges. We sprinted inside with the others following.

The place was a mess. Everything was destroyed. "Who would do something like this?" Lucy asked.

Peter noticed a peice of paper nailed to the wall. He took and and read. "Faun Tumnus, is hereby charged with High Treason against her imperial majesty Jadis, Queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police. Long Live the Queen."

"All right, now we really should go back." Susan said. "But what about Mr. Tumnus." Lucy said sadly. "If he was arrested just for being with a human, I don't think there's much we can do." Susan replied.

"You don't understand, do you? We're the humans. They must have found out he helped us." I explained.

"Maybe we could call the police." Peter suggested. "These are the police." Susan said. "Don't worry, Lu. We'll think of something." Peter said, comforting Lucy.

"Why? I mean, he's a criminal." Edmund spoke. Why has he been acting so strange recently?

Suddenly, a bird said psst. Since when can birds do that? "Did that bird just "psst" us?" Susan asked, confused.

We all walked outside, when we heard rustling sounds. We looked around trying to see where it was coming from.

"Psst" The bird said again. The rustling was close to us now. We were all terrified. Out of fear I grabbed Edmund's hand, but neither of us noticed because of how scared we were.

Suddenly something came out from behind a rock...

*900 words*