8

"Hurry, Mother! They're after us!" Mr. Beaver shouted as we sprinted into the dam.

"Oh, right then." She said walking away.

"What's she doing?" Peter asked worried, because we were being chased and Mrs. Beaver was so calm.

"Oh, you'll be thanking me later. It's a long journey and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry." Mrs. Beaver explained while getting food out of the cupboards.

"I'm cranky now!" Mr. Beaver shouted trying to get his wife to hurry up.

"Do you think we'll need jam?" Susan asked helping Mrs. Beaver pack the food.

"Only if the witch has toast!" Peter joked, but also sounding very stressed at the same time if that makes any sense? Suddenly we heard the wolves outside the house trying to get inside. Oh no. Mr. Beaver opened a door with a hidden tunnel inside and we all hurried down quickly.

"Badger and me dug this. Comes out right near his place." Mr. Beaver explained as we all ran through the tunnel.

"You told me it led to your mums." Mrs. Beaver said shocked. As we were running, Lucy tripped and fell, everyone stopped, Susan and I helped her get up when suddenly we heard barking.

"They're in the tunnel." Lucy whispered just loud enough for us to hear.

"Quick!" Mr. Beaver said rushed, leading us to the exit. "This way!"

We all followed the Beavers quickly, when suddenly we ran to a dead end. "You should have brought a map!" Mrs. Beaver yelled at her husband.

"There wasn't enough room next to the jam!" Mr. Beaver joked. Mr. and Mrs. Beaver climbed up through the hole in the wall. Lucy then followed them, followed by me, Susan and finally Peter. Lucy tripped over some stone statues as Peter and Mr. Beaver covered the exit with a barrel.

The stone statues appeared to look as if they had been screaming. Mr. Beaver went over to the Badger statue. "I'm so sorry dear," Mrs. Beaver comforted her husband.

"He was my best mate." Mr. Beaver sadly said just above a whisper.

"What happened here?" Peter asked curiously. Suddenly we heard a voice and were scared ti see something that looked an awful lot like a wolf.

"This is what becomes of those who cross the witch." A fox explained.

"You take one more step and I'll chew you to splinters." Mr. Beaver threatened angrily,

"Relax." The fox laughed, " I'm one of the good guys."

"Yeah? Well, you look an awful lot like one of the bad ones." Mr. Beaver said still angry.

"An unfortunate family resemblance." The fox explained, Peter pushed Lucy, Susan and I behind him protectively, "But we can argue breeding later. Right now, we've got to move."

We heard barking behind us coming closer. "What did you have in mind?" Peter asked desperately.

The wolves knocked the barrel away from the exit and came to the fox, circling him. "Greetings gents. Lost something have we?" The fox asked.

"Don't patronise me!" A wolf said, I'm guessing he's Maugrim. "I know where your allegiance lies. We're looking for some humans."

We were all looking down from a high tree, hoping that the wolves wouldn't see us. "Humans? Here in Narnia." The fox chuckled, " Well, that's a valuable bit of information, don't you think?" Suddenly one of the wolves grabbed the fox with its teeth and the fox let out a painful whimper.

Lucy gasped but Peter quickly put his hand over her mouth keeping her quiet, so they couldn't hear us. "Your reward is your life." Maugrim snarled at the fox. "It's not much, but still. Where are the fugitives?"

The fox sighed. Oh no, please don't tell them where we are. We all looked down at them scared. "North. They ran North." The fox panted.

"Smell them out." Maugrim ordered. The wolf holding the gox threw him out of his mouth before running along. We first made sure that the wolves were gone and then jumped down from the tree.

"They were helping Tumnus, the witch got to them before I did." The fox explained as Mrs. Beaver healed his wound. He cried in pain.

"Are you alright?" Lucy asked, concerned.

"I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite." The fox chuckled. "Ow!" He exclaimed in pain.

"Stop squirming." Mrs. Beaver instructed, "Your worse than beaver on bath day."

"Worst day of the year." Mr. Beaver said to us. We all laughed, but then suddenly the fox stood up.

"Thank you for your kindness, but I'm afraid that's all the cure I have time for." The fox said to us while he stood up.

"Your leaving?" I asked curiously.

"It has been a pleasure my queen and an honour." He said bowing, "But time is short. And Aslan himself has asked me to gather more troops."

Mrs. Beaver gasped. "You've seen Aslan." Mr. Beaver said shocked.

"What's he like?" Mrs. Beaver asked curiously.

"Like everything we've ever heard. you'll be glad to have him by your side in the battle against the witch." The fox said to us.

"But we're not planning on fighting any witch." Susan tried to explain to him.

"But I assure you King Peter the prophecy." The fox said in disbelief.

"We can't go to war without you." Mr. Beaver said to Peter.

"We just want our brother back." Peter explained. Oh, Edmund, I hope you are alright.

It is so strange, when I think of Edmund, I feel a weird feeling in my stomach. Could I... No definitely not. How could I like Edmund. I mean sure, he has gorgeous black hair, and mysterious brown eyes that you could get lost in, and... Oh no.

I like Edmund.

*954 words*