CHAPTER NINE: Are you lonely?

Chapter Nine: Are you lonely?

------

Caleb left early in the morning the next day. It was pretty fine because he doesn't even need to tell Rok Soo where'd he go- The younger already got the gist of it.

That is why he's annoyed because he really doesn't need to wake him up at five in the fucking morning just to tell him he's leaving. Rok Soo was beyond pissed. His precious sleep was sacrifice and for what!?

So, just to be petty, he decided to look into the things in his brother's possession. Which he did not regret because would you look at that! There are a lot of things in one of the smaller chest with black linings. His own was of golden- real gold- linings and designs. There are also too personal things that he did not dare look into because if someone did that to him he wouldn't like that as well.

It was still half an hour after five and he eats breakfast at seven, so he got a lot of time to spare. He is still twelve days old and he needed all the informations and knowledge that he could get.

There's a book about swords that looked untouch and if there isn't any emchantment in it then he'll think it wasn't used. Caleb probably wants to learn how to wield a sword once he got old enough to actually hold a sword. In his polymorphed form, of course.

Hold on. Since he already went through his growth phase and his plate kind of fused back together, stronger and a lot bigger, he can use a lot of mana now to polymorphed as someone at least thrice his age. Which means if he really, really, wants to- He can learn the ways of the sword.

Swords aside, there are also about dagger arts, spear arts, et cetera. Rok Soo doesn't need those, but he decided to go through them anyway. His memory is really useful in these kinds of things. Now all he needs is experience and practice, and he'd reach master levels of all those.

(But he won't, because why should he, as a future first ever dragon slacker, do any work regarding weapons when he can just poof them away with magic?)

(I am now a mighty dragon, he accepted. So, I can literally just do that.)

"Ooh," Rok Soo let out an amused sound. "Great."

There are also papers and documents about the current nobles in Rowoon Kingdom.

Rok Soo skimmed it and recorded the informations. All the nobles are the same, and if he's right, then these are recent. Probably some months ago. And if the year is right, there are still 14 years before canon, or the start of the story, 'The Birth of a Hero'.

If he didn't reincarnated as a dragon, then he might have stolen some ancient powers from other people who kind of don't need it anyway.

But since he's a mighty existence now, he needed to form another plan now that he needed to get entangled up in some shit show, or cause one himself, in order to get some peace of mind and a peaceful environment.

There may be other ways to get those ancient powers for himself though, because ever since some entity just threw him here for some reason, he did not only feel the swirling mana inside of him. There is something, a power of some sort, in him that is just sitting comfortably, dormant.

But since it doesn't feel dangerous, in fact it felt natural, he's going to let it be.

'Let's just hope it won't be deadly once it became active.'

But the rest of his abilities were still here, including 'Record' and 'Instant'.

'What was I supposed to do again?'

Ah, right. That thing that their golden father was tinking on some time ago. He knew what a mana bomb does- but since he's a reader, he only knew what it does and what it is. He'd never seen one and now that he does, he can maybe modify some things in it. Maybe, like what those engineers and scientists do.

.
.
.

.
.
.

"Who the fuck?"

Obviously the first place that Caleb went to was the Henituse estate, wherein he needed to make sure that this world still have Cale Henituse here. In his estimate, this is when his mother's health would started deteriorating.

Which caused a clog in his throat- feeling it tightens as a lone tear fell from the sky.

His mother will still die soon and he still cannot do anything about it.

Maybe he can comfort the Cale here.

(Like how he wanted to be comforted before.)

Or maybe he can take him away?

(Like what he wanted his mother to do so, before.)

He arrived a few moments later, and despite it being at night, Rain City was as bright as day.

However, he just saw someone who look like Choi Han but isn't quite Choi Han. He had like a disguise magic or someone's protection around him so he couldn't figure out who was he.

Putting him aside, whoever that was, which he was at least 49% sure that was Choi Han, he decided to just go to what used to be his place prior to regression.

It was his room on the Henituse Manor.

.
.
.

.
.
.

There was a gust of wind that was felt in the balcony of the young master's room.

Yet there were no presences that was felt, nor a figure that was seen.

But through the ringed eyes of a mother, warped rings were seen just outside the door.

.
.
.

.
.
.

"Milady, young master Cale needed to go to his lessons."

"But Ron, he already knows what they're talking about."

"I'm afraid the Count insist that he must."

"Well, I'm his mother. I get to be the one to decide his studies, aren't I right, my little red?"

"Mama is always right."

An angelic laugh bounced through the four-walled room of a red head. The woman was sitting in her queen size bed with her son curled up beside her, clutching her hands as if he refused to let her go. Born as heir to the Henituse Household, the bloodline of the strong shells that insist on protection, and the Thames Household, who, according to his mother, were seen as a stubborn bloodline that continued to persist even from Ancient times. He has the blood of both, and so he cannot be convinced and to be stopped once he set his mind into something.

"Leave us, I'll talk to little red alone."

When the servants left, all that remain was silence. Five-year old Cale crawled to be in his mother's embrace and waited.

"Little red, your time has come."

Cale made a confused but happy noise, and let her continue. Jour laughed lightly as she caressed her son's fiery red hair, as red as her own. "I'm sure you'll understand this one day, and you already have, but I'm telling you this again."

Again? Little Cale looked at his mother in confusion, but still didn't comment because they might sway from the conversation. He loves secrets, he loves keeping secrets. It makes him feel something.

"Your time is warped, little red. But this time,"

Three years was too short.

"You won't be alone."

But she never had enough time to begin with.

**

a/n;
if i liked my scores on exams and i got a decent grade y'all will get double updates kkkk (currently has 38/50,39/50,45/50, there are 5 other subjects so 😔 wish me luck)