Chapter 5

Caroline woke up in a startled gasp . She quickly reached for her neck, checking the bite wound. Weirdly enough she found no trace of Kol's bite mark or any blood.
She clutched her head beyond confused.
She washed up and threw on her simple white dress, she was going to find out what exactly happened last night.
She was not going to stay silent of what she knew Prince Niklaus And Prince Kol were, she was going to expose them.

She searched into her belongings for something her father had given her, a particular ring. It was oddly shaped and a bit old looking but she remembered something about it her father had told her. It was his mother's, Nana Olivia's ring. It protected her once from a 'blood sucker', she recalled her father chuckling at his mothers old stories and how he retold Caroline every single one of them. Caroline had it stored away because she could never wear it without the fear of losing such a precious antique of her grandmothers. She hoped the ring did contain some sort of protection against these vampires. She slipped on the silver ring before heading out in a hurry.

She slowed passed the orchard as she saw a figure between the bushes.
It was the queen.
She was admiring the flowers when she heard Caroline stop to look at her,
"You there, do you know who's been tending this garden?" She spoke with such authority.
Caroline nodded, curiously wondering if the queen herself was a vampire also.
"I have your majesty.", she bowed focusing her blue eyes toward the floor.
"Well you've certainly outdone yourself.", she gave Caroline a small smile before turning back to the flowers; signaling it was the end of the conversation.

Caroline headed off, the queens compliment didn't sound very warm to her but sounded more of an arrogant and pretentious comment.
She wandered toward the horses stables hoping to find Stefan. When she spotted him, he was about to mount his horse.

"Good morning Caroline.", he smiled.
"Hello Sir Stefan. May I have a word with you please?", she urgently whispered looking around to make sure no one could hear.
"Of course, may I ask what's wrong ?", he whispered in an exaggerated tone lightly joking.
"This might sound odd, but do you believe in vampires?", she bluntly asked.
Stefan suddenly changed his facial expression and began examining her, his eyes resting on her ring.
"Vampires?", he chuckled nervously.
Caroline nodded waiting for his answer.

"Why do you ask ?", he asked petting his horse looking away from her.
"Well I think I've come across some and-", she began when she heard someone calling for Stefan outside.

"Look Caroline I've got to go but to answer your question, no I don't believe in them and I advice you stay away from what you think you've discovered....for your safety." He quickly mounted his horse and sped off in the direction the other Knights were headed.

She sighed, not knowing what to do next.
Maybe Natasha could help.
She went out in search of her, she was so occupied with trying to spot the brown haired woman between the other servants she clumsily bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry-", she couldn't speak as she met his gaze.
"Its quite alright love.", Niklaus smiled back at her.
"You.", was all she could manage to whisper.
"Would you like to speak in a more private surrounding ?", he asked pointing toward his horse stables.
She nervously followed him, thinking to herself what she was going to say to the monster.
"I know what you are!", she quickly spat once they were alone.

Niklaus gave her a confused look,
"What?"
"Last night you healed me with your blood because I was on the verge of dying from your brother's bite-"
"What in the world are you talking about ?", Niklaus chuckled amused by Caroline.
"You and Kol are vampires and I am going to make sure everyone in this castle is aware of -"
The prince smirked,
"It seems you've had quite a dream last night Caroline.Or did you fall on your head?" He laughed louder.