Chapter 7

Caroline could feel the many eyes observing them as they entered the castle. The whispers not falling so far behind.
"Couldn't we have entered through the back ? Avoided making such a scene !", Caroline whispered to Klaus.

He merely shrugged not caring for the attention ; he seemed to enjoy the fact that everyone WAS looking at them.
Caroline didn't dare make eye contact with anyone, but couldn't avoid hearing all the rumors begin to fly as they reached the stables.

"Seems like the prince has taken a fancy to the blonde girl."

"I do believe Miss Katerina would not appreciate this relationship at all."

"May God protect that child."
She lowered her head blushing at the people's words, they surely now believed Klaus and her were an item, which was not at all the case.

"You wanted them to see us !" , Caroline accused angrily as they reached the stable and got off Sheena.

"Yes. I must admit ;I did", he scratched the back of his head nervously giving her an apologetic look.

"Why?", she frowned.
He suddenly stepped forward reaching for her hand," Because I want everyone in this castle to know that you're mine, and no one else can touch you." He spoke kissing her hand gently.

Caroline withdrew her hand from Niklaus,
"What am I ? A bloody toy of yours! I am not-"

The prince chuckled
"I'm sorry Caroline but I have only spoken the truth...I do not want any other men in the castle to court you. You're mine."

Caroline was beginning to turn red at the anger growing in her, " I am not yours. Nor will I ever be. Goodbye !" She turned hurrying to her room with the big box in her hands.

"See you at the ball love !", he called out.

Caroline felt confused, why in the world was this happening? Her plan was to destroy the Mikealson's not court one of them.
She didn't understand why he fancied her so much....yet deep down she liked it.

"Get a grip Caroline !", she whispered to herself . Tonight she was going to find out what exactly this royal family was....not human that was for sure. She needed to know their secret, and Klaus was currently the closest lead she had.

......

Caroline looked at her self in the mirror mesmerized . She looked stunning. She smiled twirling around feeling like a princess. If only her father could see her now. She sat on her bed contemplating the thought, she clutched her necklace .
"Don't worry daddy I won't stray from my promise."

She quickly revised her hair again, smoothing her long blonde locks...and hurried off to where Stefan and his fiancé lived.

....

"Why hello, you must be Caroline.", a sweet young girl who looked exactly like Katerina yet so different opened the door.
"& you must be Elena .", Caroline gave her a genuine smile.

"Stefan has told me much about you, he never mentioned you were so beautiful . Please come in Caroline." , she gestured.

"You're dress is absolutely lovely !" , Elena smiled as they sat down.

"Thank you. Although I'm regretting the bargain I made to obtain it." She blushed.

"Why is that ?", Elena asked handing Caroline a cup of tea.
Caroline sighed explaining her situation to Elena, it seemed natural talking to her.

"Ah yes I've heard quite a few things around the castle about the prince having an interest in a pretty blonde who's just arrived." Elena replied drinking from her cup.