Chapter 4

The young man standing there looked about Caroline's age, maybe a year younger.

"You've done well this week brother.", he said circling Caroline & examining her as if she was a show cased horse.

"Quit being a nuisance Kol.", Klaus muttered giving him a menacing look.

"Just looking Nik. & what is your name lovely?", he asked coming closer to Caroline lifting her chin up so she could meet his face.

Caroline suppressed the urge of slapping his hand away,

"Caroline Seldom my lord." she managed to reply.

"Mmm she's quite something brother." he continued while still holding Carolines face looking into her eyes ,"Might do me the favor of borrowing her sometime before you drain-"

"Enough Kol!", Klaus growled angrily pushing Kol away so forcefully off Caroline that he landed on the floor .

"Alright then, I see you've grown attached Nik. Watch it brother. A pretty face like hers doesn't last long here." , Kol angrily shot back getting up & dusting himself off before he trudged away.

"What did he mean by that?", Caroline quickly turned toward Klaus searching for an answer.

Klaus didn't respond as he stared into the distance taking in his brother's words.

"You need to stop attracting trouble! Look what you made me do, Kol is a spiteful one...who knows what he's plotting against me at this very moment." Klaus mummbled angrily.

" I didn't make you push him! I could've handled him myself! Now are you going to answer my question or not?", she shot back.

Klaus stared at her for a moment, "Don't speak to me that way, are you forgetting who I am ."he warned, taunting her.
"I have not ! I am only asking for an explanation to his threat... toward my life !" She shrieked.

He gave her a look and began to chuckle darkly at her frustration,
"I assure you the last thing you should be worried about is Kol, there are much more dangerous things in this castle that should concern you about the well being of your life."

"Like ?", Caroline asked in a whisper sensing a dark tone in Niklaus's words.
He drew closer to her in a certain fashion that reminded her of a predator encircling his prey, he brushed the hair off her shoulders which spilled her blonde curls onto her back . Gently he leaned in to whisper in her ear "Like?" , he repeated her question teasingly.

Caroline shivered as his breath tickled her neck, his sweet manly smell filling her nose.
She stuck out her chin defiantly, showing him she wasn't going to fall for any of his petty tricks.

"Yes, I would like to know what it is that I should be so afraid of ."
He chuckled again amused by her defiance,
Lifting a hand to her face he stroked her cheek with his thumb,
"A ruthless, soulless, evil monster..." He trailed off as he traced a finger around the curve of her neck, stopping at the middle of her throat.
She rolled her eyes, annoyed by the way he was touching her...perhaps even by the way she enjoyed the sensation.
"Who ? Or what in the world are you talking about?"

He leaned in closer to her face this time to whisper in her ear,
"Me."
And with that he backed away from her and stalked off leaving her completely baffled.

She processed his words for a second but didn't put much thought into his warning, deciding he was only teasing her. She began feeding the horses and tried to come up with a way she could slowly destroy the Mikealsons. She seemed to already have the advantage of the Prince fancying her, but she needed more information on all of them to find their weaknesses.
They hanged her father...she would find a way to hang them all .
Showing the people the true nature of the royal family and exposing them to some sort of secret of theirs, a secret that would cause the people of England to want to overthrow them....but what ? Scamming them for their money ?
No. The people were already aware of The Kings benefits in all the tax collections, they seemed to believe that they couldn't do anything about it....they all lived in fear.
She sighed frustrated, she would find a way to destroy them...she owed it to her father.

She slipped out of the stalls and headed toward the orchard, she watered the beautiful flowers and tried cleaning out all the dead leaves. The sun began to set as she took her time caring for the garden.

"Caroline?", she heard Stefan call from entrance of the orchard.
she poked her head out flashing him a smile
"Hello again Sir Stefan."
"Caroline it's time for you to go inside, now.", Stefan frowned tugging her arm gently toward her room .
"Excuse me?", she pulled away a bit startled by his worried tone.
He again looked around
"Caroline, you will go to your room and remain there until morning, understood ?"He said looking directly into her eyes.
All she could do was nod and her body began to head toward the tiny room behind the orchard.

The stars and moon were out as she reached her room, she was about to turn the door open when she heard someone approaching her .
"Hello again sweetheart .", she watched as Kol emerged from the darkness.
"Hello My lord." She answered as politely as she could remembering his last words to Klaus.

"Come Caroline, I need your assistance in a minor task of mine.", he smiled deviously.
"I'm sorry I can't my lord, I must go to my room and remain there for the rest of the night."
Kol came closer looking into her eyes, "No. You will follow me...and do as I say ." He growled .
All Caroline could do was nod & she slowly felt her body begin moving towards the direction the young prince was headed.

They entered the castle as he pulled her into a dark hallway.
Upon entering one of the massive rooms, she saw Klaus resting on his bed, eyes closed and arms behind his head.
"Go away Kol, I don't have time for your childish games." , he growled without opening his eyes.
Kol locked the door behind him,
"But my dearest brother I've brought our dear friend Caroline." He taunted.
Klaus opened his eyes immediately getting up from the bed,
"Kol you devil, leave her out of this!"
"She's something isn't she." Kol smiled pulling Caroline's arm behind her back hurting her.
"That hurts you imbecile !", she cried out instinctively.
"Ahhh what a mouth this one has, tell me brother is she tasty ?" He asked pointing to her neck.
Caroline was utterly confused....this couldn't be happening. What did he mean by her being 'tasty' .
Klaus took a step toward Kol, "I don't know Kol I didn't feed on her."
"What are you two talking about !?" She exclaimed as Kol bended her arm with more force.
"We're Vampires Caroline." Kol chuckled
"& I'm a hungry one.", he said suddenly biting into her neck.
Caroline screamed out in pain and suddenly felt weak as Kol began feeding from her.
Vampires? Vampires!
She remembered being told about the existence of these monsters but never actually believed in them. Her father had told her a story once about an evil vampire who preyed at night, her mother had scolded him for telling her the story after many nights of not being able to sleep.
Her eyes began to close as she felt her life slipping away....all she could do was apologize to her father for being too weak to carry out his revenge.
Suddenly she saw Klaus run over to Kol snapping his neck in a quick movement he then grabbed her and ran out the room.
Everything happened so quickly that when she noticed they were in her room and he had layed her on her bed.
She felt at the verge of life escaping from her lips as the blood loss took effect on her body.
"Drink.", Klaus urged offering what looked like his bloody hand.
At first all she could do was shake her head in defiance and disgust but he forcefully but gently place hand filled with dripping blood on her mouth.
She took in the blood, but quickly closed her eyes falling into a deep sleep. The last thing she saw was Klaus stroking her cheek and suddenly flashing out of her room.

I updated! Yes! Sorry for being gone for soooo long but I'm back 😊 I'll try to update every week please give me some feedback...