Chapter 10

Caroline's eyes flew open.
The prince was closer than she had expected, his lips  merely inches away from hers.
His blue eyes clouding her mind as she looked into them, becoming lost.

"Love ?..."
He softly whispered as he ran his thumb over her pink lips.
She suddenly jerked her head away from his hold, away from the trance he had her in.
She lifted herself off the floor and quickly twirled around to face him.

"You vampires believe us to be some worthless puppets you can use for your own bloody amusement at any given time you please  !" She spat.

Niklaus sighed as he got up from the ground, dusting himself off he laughed,
" I merely asked for a kiss I do not see-"

"That's the thing ! You are a vampire. I am a human. You know damn well you monsters only use us for one thing, our blood . So cut the crap! You don't want a kiss, you want my blood...before the night ends I guarantee you I'll  be under your compulsion and drained."

The Prince calmly took in her words,
"There is truth to your words...we are monsters after all, you love, seem to be very well informed about us ."

Caroline clutched her dress, sensing his tone turn dark .
"...but you are mistaken about one thing."
He smiled, and she felt her heart begin to beat wildly.

"And what might that be ?"
She barley recognized her own voice, which sounded softer than a whisper.
She began backing away from him.

"You humans aren't as victimized as you claim to be, you also use to your advantage....am I right my dear Caroline Seldom..." With every word he stepped closer to her canceling out the distance she was trying to put between them.

She froze .
"Now tell me love, when is it, if ever, did you plan on telling me your real name." He twirled a strand of her blonde hair between his fingers, clearly amused by her sudden distress.

"I don't know what-"
"Don't play coy, I sent many of my men to search for any Seldom's in England...seems that all they found was a male elder with the surname ...of about eighty years of age,unmarried, with no children, no family."

"I....I-"
Caroline struggled to muster up any words as she felt herself being backed up against a wall, trapped.

"I would usually just use my compulsion on you but it seems you're well equipped tonight with vervain. "
He chuckled, tracing her neck up and down along with his finger.

"What do you want from me ?",
Caroline felt her whole body begin to fill with fear.
Had the Prince discovered her true identity, her plan for revenge ?
Was he going to end her life there and then?

Klaus suddenly pinned her against the wall holding her wrist tightly.
"Let me go !" Caroline shrieked, fighting him.

"I don't know what the reason is you have come here under a false name but I -"

"What ?",Caroline felt the tears begin to form in her eyes.
She couldn't believe she had come this far only to be discovered by....him.

"If you're going to torment me further, why don't you just go ahead and kill me already!"

She stopped fighting his hold and let her forehead fall on his chest as she sobbed.