Chapter 1 Start

-5 years later-

"How much exactly do we need?" Caroline asked her mother again, wanting for a straight answer. Elizabeth Forbes paced their living room nervously making calculations, "We owe the landlord two months rent already & the loan Lady Virginia made us last week and the market place....." Caroline sighed waiting,

"About 350 pounds." her mother finally admitted. Caroline thought for a moment and stood up from her father's old wooden chair smoothing out her blue dress briefly and hurrying out the door. "Where are you going?" her mother asked following her out, "To get us out of debt & find myself a job." she replied bluntly getting on her horse. She mounted Sheena but this time she did not speak to the animal or even acknowledge the beautiful horse, she pulled on her reigns & got her going with ease. Elizabeth Forbes looked out onto her beautiful, graceful daughter & frowned getting a feeling that Caroline intended more than what she had said.

Caroline rode into the town already feeling the gazes of many on her. Many young men stopped what they were doing and stared at the young gorgeous women, Caroline payed them no attention...as she always did.

She felt anger boil once she spotted one of the royal helpers to the king, a middle aged lady who was picking out a horse near the local stables. Caroline swiftly leaped off her horse, her blond curls bouncing & drew nearer to her. "I don't know, my lord is very picky with the horses & I can't seem to find any of his liking." she stated to the horse trader. He nervously looked about his stalls replying,

"Im sure we can find him a perfect horse for his liking miss." Caroline rolled her eyes at his words, 'of course any one from the Mikaelson's family would ALWAYS get what they wanted' she thought. She smiled to herself hoping today she would finally have the chance she'd been wishing for all these years,

"Excuse me Sir but I'm here to sell my horse." she spoke up in an innocent tone, hoping to get the women's attention also. They both turned

"Ms. please come back later I'm very busy with-". The women silenced him walking over to Caroline & Sheena "Perfect!" she gasped looking at Sheena with approval and examining her closely. Caroline felt her heart tighten at the thought of selling her beautiful horse, the one she grew up with.. but if this sacrifice assured her a way to her plan she would have to do it. "How much do you want for her!" the long brown haired lady asked ignoring the horse trader.

"Ma'am please I'm sure the prince will not approve of this.....this.....this commoner horse!" the man exclaimed irritated. Caroline turned to give the rotund man a glare, "Well if you do not acknowledge this horses beauty, then I'm not so sure you are the best horse trader Sir." the lady snickered. "Come along miss, I'll give you double of whatever this ignorant man will give you." she said waving Caroline outside with Sheena.

"Well before we get to business, my name is Natasha Delmar, I'm the royal buyer of the Mikaelsons." she said extending a hand out to Caroline.Caroline felt her heart accelerate at the mention of the Mikaelson name. "Caroline...uhh Seldom." she replied swiftly hoping the lie would go unnoticed. "Well miss Caroline I'm here to buy a new horse for Prince Niklaus, & your horse here is exactly what he described to me." the lady grinned. Caroline felt anger rise within her but she managed to form a fake friendly smile, "How much were you looking for." the girl asked petting Sheena lightly. "How much can you give me?" Caroline asked back, the woman called over a servant man from the carriage she rode, he handed her a pouch filled with gold coins. "Will this be sufficient." she said handing it to Caroline,

"More than sufficient!" she breathed shocked. "Very well then it was good doing business with you Miss Seldom-" the woman called hurrying off with Sheena. "Wait!" Caroline hurried reaching her again, "I was wondering if there was any work for me at the castle, I'm in need of a job."

Natasha smiled at her"You are a bold one Caroline, I'm sure we can find something for you." she motioned Caroline to come inside the carriage with her as the man took Sheena and fastened her near the horse who was pulling the carriage, she hoped Sheena would always be taken care of at the Mikealsons. Caroline also smiled to herself feeling the start of her plan unfold before her.

She remained silent throughout the whole ride, not wanting to be asked any more questions from fear of being discovered. If they knew who her father was ,she was sure they would hang her as well, Natasha gave Caroline a few curious looks but never pushed her with any questions. Caroline had never had the joy she felt at the moment, she had dreamed of this day all these years & here she was...beginning her father's revenge. They were entering the inside the castles walls, and Caroline looked out the window mesmerized by the sight.

The garden was filled with many flowers and was beautifully kept, everything was so taken care of and the castle was bigger than she could take in.

"Here we are." Natasha said looking over at Caroline as the carriage came to a stop at the castle door.

A servant in a uniform quickly came over to them and helped them out of the carriage.

Caroline wasn't sure if she would bare to ever serve as a slave to anyone let alone the Mikaelsons.

"I'll be right back Caroline and we'll discuss what position you would like here at the castle, but first would you be as so kind to take the horse back there to Prince Niklaus's horse stalls." Natasha said pointing towards the back of the garden.

"I'll meet you here after I check on what positions are available here in the castle."

Caroline nodded untying Sheena and pulling her toward the Prince's horse stalls.

"I'm sorry I have to do this Sheena but you know how much I want this and how I will stop at nothing to accomplish my goal." Caroline whispered to her.

Sheena neighed once they reached the stalls and Caroline soothed her quickly locking her up.

She petted her one last time but suddenly felt someone approach her.

"Who are you and what are you doing here!"

Caroline turned around startled at the loud voice and clumsily stumbled out of balance falling on her bum .

She looked up to glare at the man. He was lean and very built, his handsome face and blue eyes looked curiously into hers.

She composed herself quickly and was about to respond to the man when he added, "I'm sorry did I startle you love." he said now laughing a bit at her and drew closer wanting to help her up.

"Damn right you startled me you asshole!" she said refusing his help and getting up herself.

"Asshole? Yes you definitely are new here, what are you even doing here in Prince Niklaus's stable." he asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"What's it to you!", she spat dusting herself off.

"What a warm beautiful woman." the stranger responded sarcastically and chuckled, Caroline was about to give a mouthful of words women didn't say when she heard Natasha.

"Caroline?", Natasha whispered at the front of the stables.

"Over here Natasha!" Caroline called squinting at the very handsome stranger who still stood looking at her curiously.

"Oh lord Niklaus I didn't know you were here." Natasha curtsied at the man that stood next to Caroline.

"Lord Niklaus?" Caroline gasped looking over at the the prince who was smirking at her now.

a/n:1st chapter finished (: ...vote/comment/follow ...I promise next chapter will be more exiting !