Chapter 8

"Hmmm I don't see it ."
The voice purred into the darkness again. Suddenly a match was lit & the figure of a beautiful young blonde appeared before her. Rebekah Mikealson .

She wore a beautiful red gown which seemed to be burning up just like the newly lit candle she held in her jeweled filled dainty hand.
"What are you -"
"Quiet down you silly girl !" , Rebekah rolled her eyes as she brushed her slick blond hair out of her face.
"I am here to escort you SAFELY to the ball...orders from my utterly unbearable whiny brother ." She scoffed, rolling her eyes again.

"I beg your pardon princess but I do believe I am capable of bringing myself -
"Oh God you are one pathetic human ! No wonder my brother was so persistent on getting you an escort ...you wouldn't have lasted that short walk from here to the castle ." She laughed mockingly at Caroline .

"Were you not warned by the rest of the peasants on what goes on here at night ?"
She said while handing Caroline the candle and examining herself vainly in the mirror hung up near Caroline's drawer .

Caroline felt the anger begin to boil in her ...
Bloody witch !!!
After having enough of Rebekah's comments and becoming irritated of how long she was spending just staring at herself in the mirror she finally spoke up .
"I see the narcissism and arrogance run in the family ...you and Niklaus are very similar ." She muttered.
The princess turned around from her reflection , giving Caroline an outraged look ...

"Excuse me ? You do not disrespect me like that you piece of -

"Enough Rebekah ." A young man entered the room . He was tall and had a soft expression to his very handsome face. Although his dark eyes gave him a hint of danger , he was ...
gorgeous...
that was the only word Caroline could muster up for him.
Still,she thought to herself , he was not as handsome as Klaus ...she quickly dispelled the the thought of him from her head.

He is the spawn of evil !
As are these monsters !

"Elijah ! Can you believe this servant girl, she-"
"I said enough Bekah ...dilly dallying in this task Nik has asked you to do...well actually BRIBED you to do for him has caused him to develop a temper ." He sighed "You know he's an impatient one ."

Caroline felt outraged ... They were speaking as if she weren't in the room .
"I have a name by the way ." She scoffed as she still sat on her bed, not able to bring herself near these killers .
Elijah turned to her with a confused expression...Caroline sensed a hint of sorry accompanied by it.

"She's a feisty one brother . That pearl necklace almost doesn't seem enough reward to handle her ...I'm sure going to claim a bigger bribe from Nik when we get to the castle. One of those ruby necklaces he has also sounds quite fitting for a bonus ."

Elijah shook his head
"Just bring her to the ball ...safe and complete, without any marks or bites -" he eyed her in a serious manner " and compel her to forget ever meeting us , just as Niklaus ordered." And with those words in a blink of an eye he disappeared from the room.
Caroline was beginning to get used to their entrances and exits.

"Follow me & stay quite ." Rebekah looked into her eyes .
Compulsion .
Caroline remembered Elena's words & how the vervain acted as a shield to these monsters tricks . Either way , Caroline acted along and followed Rebekah out walking closely behind her.

The castle seemed dead silent ...none of the servants were roaming about . All were shut insides their homes .
As they approached the section where the Dukes and Ladies lived she could hear their drunk laughs echoing the cold night as they also headed for the ball .