Chapter 2 Hired

"The one and only sweetheart." he smiled amused at her startled expression.

"I..I'm sorry I did not know to who I was speaking to earlier-"

He shook his head, "No need for an apology love, I did after all startle you." he chuckled remembering her fall.

Caroline wanted to give him a good slap, his laugh & the way he called her 'love' absolutely & utterly irritated her.

"Now you know my name but yet I still don't know yours." he said giving her a charming smile.

She curtsied as Natasha had done earlier, "My name is Caroline Seldom."

He took her delicate hand in his strong one and brought it up to his lips, "Caroline...what a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl." he whispered before kissing her hand lightly.

Caroline couldn't tear her eyes away from him, the offspring of the devil she thought to herself.

Finally she herd Natasha clear her throat breaking their concentration from eachother, "Lady Caroline has come in search of a position here at the castle." she said addressing the Prince.

Niklaus smiled as if this bit of news was the best thing in the world.

"Well in my bed would be a perfect position for her." he smirked.

Caroline almost couldn't believe her ears, she gasped in shock.

"Excuse me?", she flared bewildered.

The Prince chuckled which caused Caroline to snap,

"I don't think I could ever accept a position that low my lord." she smiled innocently, meeting his gaze.

The Prince frowned causing Caroline to become nervous, had she taken it too far...she did just smart mouth the Prince of England, & Prince Niklaus was known for his short temper.

He didn't answer her snarky reply & instead stepped closer to her reaching over her to open one of the horse stalls.

"Natasha would you tell my mother I'll be out all evening & won't be back till sun down." Niklaus called mounting a beautiful black horse inside the stall. Caroline watched as he got the stallion going with ease, he haulted in front of her, "Have a Gooday lady Caroline." he said giving her a crooked smile before riding off full speed.

Caroline mentally rolled her eyes at his way of showing off.

Natasha closed the stall & turned to Caroline, "I like your boldness Caroline but you must watch your tounge at times with the Prince & his family, they don't take witty comments lightheartedly especially Queen Esther & King Mikeal."

Caroline frowned, "I'm sorry Natasha it just slipped out after he-"

Natasha sighed cutting her off, "I know Prince Niklaus is very blunt & rude but here in the castle we must respect him, understood?"

Never in a million years will I respect that bloody bastard! ,Caroline told herself.

"Of course." she assured Natasha with a fake smile.

"Good, because my job is at risk if you make a mistake since I'm the one that hired you...now come along we'll discuss the position you will be given here at the castle." she said pulling Caroline gently outside of the stalls.

Caroline turned to get a last look at Sheena, which seemed uneasy with her new surroundings. Caroline felt her heart tighten but told herself it would all be worth it in the end.

"Princess Rebekah is in need of a maid for her room, also in the afternoon we need someone to feed the horses in the stables." Natasha began, leading Caroline into the garden.