Chapter 3

"I see you've settled in

quite quickly.", Natasha remarked peering  in the doorway into Caroline's new room.

The room was now decorated with Caroline's things, & she had traded the piercing red bed sheets & curtains for clean crisp white ones.

"Yes.", she bitterly smiled remembering she left home on a bad note with her mother.

Caroline walked over to her,  "I was just about to head over to feed the horses."

The woman nodded, "I was actually hoping to talk to you for a second, I promise I wont hold you for long." she quickly rambled looking around to make sure no one was around to hear.

She closed the door behind her & locked it, which caused Caroline to become uneasy.

"It's just a silly rumor we have here in the castle.", she laughed trying to lighten the mood yet Caroline seemed to become nervous.

"It's really nothing Caroline.", Natasha assured her. Caroline was suddenly becoming annoyed that she wasn't getting to the point.

"Well we have a rule here, it's really something you need to keep in mind for your ummm...", she looked away not able to look Caroline in the eyes "your safety." she finally spit out.

"My safety? ", Caroline frowned not understanding.

"Yes well you see-", they both jumped at the loud knock at the door.

"Miss Natasha!", a male voice called from outside.

The woman quickly opened the door, "Yes, what's wrong?"

"Princess Rebekah has asked me to call for you, it seems she wants some things from town, I suggest you hurry ma'am she seems to be in one of her moods today."

Natasha quickly waved goodbye to Caroline & thanked the young man, and dashed off taking his warning.

Caroline rolled her eyes, partly annoyed that she never got to hear what Natasha was warning her about, & partly because the Princess seemed to be overly spoiled.

"Spoiled bitch.", Caroline mumbled under her breath.

The young man standing at the doorway turned to look at her. & it seemed he was suppressing a laugh as if he'd heard her inaudible comment , "You must be new here." he warmly smiled at her.

Caroline nodded stepping outside with him, "I'm Caroline Seldom."

"Stefan Salvatore."

He was very handsome & had a very warm &friendly smile, his eyes gave off a special sparkle as he talked.

"I'm the head Knight here.", he informed her .

Caroline smiled, "Head Knight? Ooh sounds fancy." she joked.

Stefan chuckled, "Well somewhat."

"Well I'm the head horse feeder, which sounds awfully important also." she replied in a sarcastic tone giggling.

"Well when it comes to Prince Niklaus's horses I don't doubt it." he agreed chuckling a bit.

"Mmm yeah, I've heard he's very touchy about his horses." ,she snickered.

"I was actually just about to head over to the stables.", she added walking towards the doorway, near him.

"I'll accompany you.", he smiled.

Caroline gave him a genuine smile in return, she felt comfortable around him...& knew they'd quickly become friends.

"Can I ask you something? ", Caroline asked as they walked together towards Prince Niklaus's horse stables.