Chapter 6

"What ever happened to 'stay away from me and my family ' my lord?" Caroline asked, her annoyance evident as she spoke.
The prince looked away from her piercing gaze,
"Yes well I've decided it's a little too late to stay away from you love, I've come to realize I enjoy your presence more than I originally believed...a lot more actually ."

He looked back up at her holding her stare,
"I believe.....your future wife wouldn't approve of such comments my lord." She paused realizing a little too late that her voice was tinted with jealousy.

The prince drew closer to her smiling mischievously,
"Oh trust me sweetheart, I do not intend to marry Katerina...that is merely a business transaction between my father & hers that -"

"No need to explain your situation to me, that isn't any of my business.", Caroline quickly cut him off feeling a bit satisfied deep down by his words.

Niklaus chuckled, "Very well Caroline, I only felt it appropriate to explain it to you."

Caroline frowned drawing near to Sheena, "We must get on our way if we want to make it on time before night falls."

He nodded & watched with a mesmerized look on his face as she mounted the beautiful horse.
"Aren't you going to get on a horse my lord?" She interjected as he continued gazing at her...deep in thought.

"Oh no love, I would much rather ride Sheena with you...wouldn't want to cause a scene arriving with one of my well known trademark horses." He said pulling his cloaks hood over his head ,quickly mounting Sheena & holding onto her reigns over Caroline's petite slender figure.

Caroline didn't have a chance to argue as he motioned the horse to get going. His arms around her small waist, hands on the reigns...she could feel how muscular & sculpted his body was. His aroma smelled of fresh mint...she distracted herself quickly bothered by her thoughts.
"You seem a bit too quiet love, is something bothering you." He laughed, as it was evident she was uncomfortable by his closeness.

"Nothing wrong my lord.", she retorted back through clenched teeth.
He smiled enclosing his arms tighter around her and causing Sheena to gallop in such a way that she was forced to lean into him for support.

They finally arrived to town & Niklaus dismounted Sheena offering his arms to assist
Caroline on getting off the horse.

She leaned forward, a bit too dizzy from the ride, suddenly falling into his arms, her face inches from his.
He held her close to him for a bit looking into her eyes, "Careful there love." He whispered gently without letting her go.

She found his eyes draw to her lips.
She suddenly pushed herself away from him realizing what was about to happen.

"Next time I would much appreciate it if you'd let me get off the horse by myself." She said walking toward the dress store hurriedly trying to put some distance between them.

He chuckled pulling the cloaks hood so it concealed his face as he followed her into the store.

"Can I help you ?" , the woman frowned upon looking at Caroline who was still in her cleaning attire.

"I'm looking for-" Caroline began.
"She's looking for a dress from the elite collection." Niklaus spoke upon entering the store.

The lady laughed, "Pardon me sir but that's the most expensive collection we have."

"What the hell are you doing !?" , Caroline whispered angrily to Klaus under his cloak.

"I know, now must we repeat ourselves?", he crossed his arms annoyed with the woman's cold glance at Caroline .
"There is no way in hell you both can afford a single thread from the dresses in that collection-"
She gasped as the prince removed his hood.
"Pardon me lord I did not know who I was speaking to, I will fetch a dress right away!" She scurried toward the back.