Ch. 7: Taken Too Soon

When the three days was up, Luz woke up. She felt so energize and didn't even feel hungry as she sat up and yawned cutely.

She excitedly got out of bed.

"Mommy!"

Rushing downstairs, Luz looked in the kitchen to see her mother making breakfast.

"Mommy!"

Hearing her daughter's voice, Camilia turned around to see her awake and gasped. After 3 days of sorrow, her little light was just what she needed to feel better.

"Luz!" She screamed, running to her daughter and scooping her up in a hug!

Luz was laughing until she noticed something.

"Where's daddy?"

Just like that, Camilia felt all of her joy slip away once more as she was reminded of what happened to Nathan.

"Mija.....I need you to listen to me." Camilia said slowly as she moved Luz to look her in the eyes. "Something bad happened, something that...should've never happened."

"Mommy... y-y-you're scaring me."

"I-I know and I'm sorry for that but I have to tell you this." Camilia said as she pulled Luz to rest her head in her shoulder. "Something happened to your papa and....he won't be coming home."

"What? Bu-Bu-" Luz tried to say but felt her tears falls as the nanobots spoke to her.

"Master, I'm afraid that.....our creator Nathan has passed away. Dead." They said to her.

"N-n-no... No!"

Luz ran back to her room and cried into her pillow.

"Luz!" Camilia called out to her, running to her.

Even if she was feeling the same thing, Camilia couldn't let her daughter experience this pain alone. Camila sat on Luz's bed and pulled her into a hug.

"He can't be! Mami, he just can't be!" Luz cried into her chest!

"I'm sorry, Mija. I'm so sorry." Camilia said as she silently cried.

"Why did it have to be him?" Luz asked.

"I don't know." Camila said.

At the morgue, a diener was placing Nathan's body in a bag. He looked around before grabbing a necklace.

"The body is secured, bring in the copy."

Two more brought in a bag that had a fake body, almost identical to Nathan.

"Belos will be pleased. Now, we only have a week to bring him back to life before his soul is lost forever, we need to get back to the Isles."

"Yeah, but are you sure this human will be of use?" His cohort asked.

"Of course. He's one of the smartest minds in this realm, he'll be more than useful." The other one replied.

"Besides, Belos paid a lot of money for that guy to kill him."

"Why kill him in the first place?"

"Because, a living person would attract attention if they went missing. No one would miss a dead body, especially with the copy we have."

Nodding at the logical sense of this, the two men grabbed the dead body carefully and began moving it as the diener prepared the fake Nathan for his funeral.

"Try and keep the body cold until the ritual is ready."

Nodding, the duo drew circles of energy in the air and froze the real body over in a layer of ice before making it float in the air.

"Good, now get back to the Isles, I'll be back after I prep the fake."

The two goons nodded as a portal opened, letting them leave the morgue as he went back to the fake corpse.

'Nathan Noceda, you will be of great help to his highness when your new life begins.' The Diener thought with a smirk.

At the Noceda home, Camila laid her sleeping child in bed. All the news about her dad just knocked her out after a while, her little eight year old brain couldn't handle it.

'I think I'll use a sick day, I don't think I can leave Luz alone today.' She thought as she sat in the bed next to Luz, tussling her head gently.

Meanwhile, Luz was speaking with her Nanobots.

"There there, master. It will be alright." They says to Luz, hugging her in her mind.

"Why did he have to die?" Luz asked.

"We don't know, Master, but we know he wouldn't want you cry."

"B-But it just hurts so much!" Luz said to them.

"Pain is natural, it lets you know you are still alive." The Nanobots said. "Your father would want you to live a good life, a happy life."

"Just try and remember how much he loved you." They said.

"B-But what if I forget?" Luz said in worry.

"Don't worry, we won't let you. We shall ensure you never forget the things that matter to you and your heart." The Nanobots said.

"I won't forget you daddy, I'll make you proud of me."