Ch. 19: Surprise Attack

The next morning, a clock displayed in darkness with a loud alarm.

"Okay, I'm up." Luz said, opening her eyes.

She was feeling a bit better thanks to the happy dream sequence she had. Thanks to her nanobots.

"Alright, time to get clean." Luz said, heading to the bathroom.

Once inside, Luz locked the door and the window before she undressed and stood in the bathtub.

"Sanitize please." Luz said as her cleaning bots came out and cleaned her body.

She truly missed the feeling of water on her skin, but she knows that her endoskeleton would rust and there's a whole process that takes days to get rid of the rust.

"Luz? You in there?" Eda asked, knocking on the door.

"Yeah! I'll be out in a second." Luz said to Eda.

Luz finished cleaning and got dressed. She got out of the bathroom.

"What's up, Eda?"

"You... have a visitor." Eda said.

"A visitor?" Luz asked.

"Yep. She's waiting in the den right now." Eda said as she gestured for Luz to follow.

Luz walked towards the den and saw Amity.

"Amity?" Luz said in surprise.

"Hi." Amity said nervously, waving to Luz. "I know we agreed to contact each other later but I.....didn't want to wait."

"I'll leave you two to talk." Eda said.

Eda and King left the two girls to talk, sending some chemistry flourishing between them already.

'You work you magic fast, kid.' Eda thought with a smirk.

"So, what fun places are in this place?" Luz asked.

"I know a few but if you don't like them, we could find something else to do." Amity said to Luz.

"Sure, I would love to hang out with you." Luz said.

Amity smiled at Luz as she sat next to her.

"As long as it doesn't involve water, I'm fine with doing anything." Luz said.

Amity chuckled to the obvious joke before she stood up.

"I think I know the perfect place to start." Amity said as she gestured for Luz to follow her.

The two stood in front of the library.

"This is way better than the library I've been to." Luz said.

"I thought this would be nice. It can help you learn more about magic so you can use it more properly." Amity said as they began walking into the library.

Outside the Library, they were being watched, but it wasn't by the Golden Guard. In the sky, a magic drone made of technology and abomination was tailing them. More specifically, tailing Amity.

"There she is, and it looks like she has a friend." Odalia said, "The same girl that took down our robot... hmm, it looks like the girl that Eda has."

Odalia smiled, she and Alador have an Owl Lady to kidnap.

"But you know what this girl is capable off, who knows what other powers she has under her sleeves." Alador said to her.

"Even if she does, she won't try anything if she cares about Edalyn as much as we think." Odalia said to her husband.