Ch. 16: Training Incident

Lilith led her kids and Luz outside to the backyard and summoned her staff to fly them to the stone ravine. Thought Luz politely declined.

"It's alright, I can keep up on my own." Luz said with a hand wave.

Lilith gave her a surprised look, but was very interested in seeing what this new girl could do.

"Very well if you're sure Lilith said as she began flying herself and her children towards the ravine.

'Activate battle mode but only on my legs.' Luz thought to the nanobots.

"It will be done." The nanobots said as Luz's legs became metallic, and she got into a running position. She took off in a sprint, arriving before they made the small family arrived.

'I really need to try teleportation again.' Luz thought.

"The last time we attempted that, our system was fried for three days." The Nanobots said.

Luz groaned at this, hating that memory of a failed experiment.

"Don't remind me, please. Maybe they have a teleportation spell that we can use to help fix that problem." Luz said out loud.

"Perhaps." The Nanobots said.

Luz turned to family and gave them her attention, putting the teleportation spell thought aside for later.

"What took you?" Luz asked with a small smirk.

"It wasn't a race but that speed is impressive. I didn't think humans could run that fast." Lilith said as she and her kids got off the staff.

"Some do, they're called athletes, but I'm one of a kind." Luz said as her legs changed back to look human, but they all saw them before they changed back.

"Woah, they looked like metal." Emira said.

"Yeah, they looked so cool! How did she do that?!" Edric said with a smile.

"Well, she did say she wasn't like most humans." Amity said softly.

"Alright, children, we can focus on that later." Lilith said, "We're here to train."

"Technically, Mittens and Luz are, but we can train too." Edric said.

"Though we'll most likely just be watching to see what Luz can do." Emira said.

"Alright, Luz you go to one side, Amity, you go to the other side."

Luz and Amity moved to their sides before they turned to each other with Lilith walking to the center.

"I shall act as a sort of referee for this training match to make sure you both do not go too far." She said to them.

"Understood, Ms. Lilith." Luz said with a nod.

'Guys, let's keep battle mode to one arm while we practice magic with the other.' Luz thought to the nanobots.

"Understood, Luz." They said as they transformed Luz's left arm into metal.

Luz smirked. This would be fun. Amity looked at the metal arm in curiosity, cautious of what it can do and what else Luz can do.

"So, I'll give you the first strike." Luz said.

"Alright then." Amity said as she took a breath and drew a spell circle. "Abomination, rise!"

Before her feet, Amity had a golem of purple muck form and hold its fists up.

"Interesting." The nanobots said as they scanned the spell.

Luz saw images of it, giving its composition, flash before her eyes.

'Interesting.' Luz thought, as her eyes turned pink.

The Abomination slammed a fist on Luz, only for a new Abomination that Luz made lift the hand.

"Surprise." Luz said as her abomination pushed Amity's abomination back.

'That makes 3 spells she's learned.' Amity thought as she watched Luz with caution.

Luz's eyes changed to green and she made a green spell circle, resulting in vines wrapping around Amity's Abomination. Acting quickly, Amity drew another spell circle and creates a magenta fireball to burn away the vines. Luz did something that she hasn't tried before and one of her eyes turned pink while the other one stayed green. Luz made an Abomination and then used plant magic to keep Amity focused on other stuff. She had vines grow and wrap Amity up, which she burned, but Luz just did it again.

'Dual magic usage, successful.' Luz thought.

Luz's Abomination moved towards Amity, while she was distracted with the vines. If Amity didn't think fast, she would lose!

'Think! You can do this, just think!' Amity thought.

Amity made a spell circle and blasted fire at Luz's Abomination. Once she did, she quickly burned the rest of the vines away before gaining some distance from Luz.

'She's learning and adapting as we train.' Amity thought.

Luz was having her own problem as well, as Amity looked at her, her head was twitching.

"System overloading." The Nanobots said.

'System overload?!' Luz thought as she held her head a bit, her eyes flashing between green, pink, and gold.

"It seems we weren't as ready for dual magic usage as we thought. Our use of magic is still too new." The nanobots said.

It began to get painful, and Luz had no choice but to do a system restart.

"System reset!" Luz said, "Shut down! Shut down!"

A message flashed across Luz's eyes, saying that she was being shut down to reboot and closed her eyes.