Ch. 15: Meeting Her Children

Eda turned and saw her sister, covered in the potion she used to rig the box.

"Heya, Lily!" Eda said.

"When I get my hands on you-"

"Don't you have kids? I'm sure they're more of a handful." Eda said, trying not to laugh.

Lilith looked and saw Luz.

"You." Lilith growled.

"In my defense, she never told me that it would do that." Luz said, "I thought it was just a package."

Lilith stepped forward to Luz and glared deep into her eyes, seeing if she was lying or not.

"Ummm,...." Luz said nervously.

"You're not lying, so I can't hold you accountable." Lilith said as she stepped away before glaring at Eda. "You on the other hands."

"Getting a kid to do your dirty work? I thought you couldn't sink any lower!" Lilith said, "Where did you even get a Human? There's only one-"

Lilith cut herself off before she could spill a secret, but Luz got curious.

"Only one? What do you mean by that?" Luz asked.

Lilith had to think of something quick or else this could be bad, very bad, if Belos finds out.

"I'm talking about an old legend my mother told me once. She said a human once lived in this realm hundreds of years ago." Lilith said, speaking a truth and using it as a cover.

'She's lying.' Luz thought, 'I didn't install a lie detector in my brain for nothing. Keep your secret Lilith, I'll let you play for now.'

"So, I heard you have kids." Luz said, "Can I meet them?"

"You want to meet Lily's kids? Well, temporary kids until she adopts them for real." Eda said with a shrug, "She's had them for a year and hasn't yet."

"It's a long process!" Lilith said.

"Not for me, I just stole one from the Human Realm." Eda said, putting her hands on Luz's shoulders.

"That's not how it works but....I strangely like how that sounds." Luz said.

It had been years since she had a second parent and Eda had quickly gained a place in her heart.

"Edalyn, you can't just steal a Human." Lilith said.

"Well, technically, I ran away." Luz said, "She found me in her tent."

"There, see? So I was free to take her in as I pleased." Eda said with a smile.

"Titan, you are unbearable." Lilith said, "Fine, Human, I'll introduce you to my children... after I shower."

Lilith walked to the Owl House.

"Hello, Hootsifer." Lilith said.

"Hello, Lulu!" Hooty said with glee!

"It's bad when your security system becomes buddy buddy with the enemy." Eda said.

"But she's not entirely our enemy, she's your sister." Luz commented as Lilith entered the owl house.

"She's also the law that wants to capture me." Eda said to Luz.

"So, I'm guessing you have a rocky relationship?" Luz asked.

"Well, when your sister gives you a curse that turns you into a mindless beast, you don't really get along." Eda said.

"Curse?" Luz asked in surprise.

"Why else would people call me the owl lady?" Eda asked Luz.

"I... don't want to know."