Ch. 20: Crushing Loss

By the time Luz and Amity got to the Owl House, Eda was gone. The house was a mess as well with broken furniture, smashed frames, and scatters pieces of rubble everywhere! Not to mention Hooty was unconscious in the door and....

"King?! King, can you hear me?!" Luz shouted as her eyes scanned the house for him.

As Luz went to look for King, Amity saw Eda staff on the ground. She picked it up and looked at Luz with sad eyes.

"Luz, look." Amity said as she walked to Luz with the staff.

"King, please!" Luz shouted out before hearing small footsteps rushing to her.

"Luz?" King asked.

Amity and Luz looked to the corner and saw King walking in, scared and shaking from the attack.

"King, you're okay!" Luz shouted as she rushed and hugged him, "What happened?"

"Odalia happened! She and this huge army of abominations came and took Eda!" King said to her.

"What!?" Luz said.

"My mother was here?! Why?!" Amity asked.

"She said something about using Eda as bait." King said as he broke the hug with Luz. "Bait for Luz."

Luz clenched her fist at that. She grabbed the coffee table and threw it across the room with one hand.

"Where is she?" Luz asked as her eyes glowed with a yellow light.

"I-I-I don't know!" King said with slight fear.

"I think I might know." Amity said, drawing their attention.

"They are most likely at the factory, that's where they have the most security, so no one would be able to mess with them." Amity said.

"Then we just need a plan to get in and get out with Eda before they know what hit them." Luz said before taking Eda's staff from Amity.

"It won't be that easy." Amity said, "They make weapons, they are stocked up and ready for at least three wars. Breaking in is possible, but getting out is impossible."

"Maybe for most but if what they have is like that robot I beat and scrapped, I'm not worried." Luz said.

"Luz, this is dangerous."

"And I'm even more dangerous." Luz said to them.

"Even so, we still need a plan. I know my mother and she won't leave anything to chance, security and traps will be set to stop anyone not allowed." Amity said to Luz.

"Then I'll scan the place, I have to do this."

"But you need help, you can't just rush in by yourself." King said to her.

"I... I need to save Eda, I can't let anyone else get hurt too." Luz said.

Luz didn't stop as she walked to the door, making Amity and King rush behind her. At the factory, Odalia smiled. She knew there was a use for the industrial sized crusher.

"And my accountant said it was a waste of thirty thousand snails."

"Well we do make use of it with recycling old project parts." Alador says as he walked up behind her.

"And soon that girl will be... recycled." Odalia said, "Apart from having to clean up the blood and guts, I'm looking forward to seeing that girl get crushed."

"I'm not. Just imagining it is making me nauseous." Alador said as he held his stomach.

"Don't worry dear, we'll get a servant to clean it." Odalia said.