IV: Charlie's Birthday

The next day, the next ticket was found in Buckinghamshire, England by a spoiled brat named Veruca Salt and Rupert and Angina as her parents

"Veruca," A reported said the girl's name. "Can you spell that for us, please?"

"V-E-R-U-C-A. Veruca Salt." Veruca said, flashing a smile.

"Soon as my little Veruca told me she had to have one of these golden tickets, I started buying up all the Wonka bars I could lay my hands on." Rupert Salt shared. "Thousands of them. Hundreds of thousands. I'm in the nut business, you see. So, I say to my workers, "Morning, ladies. From now on you can stop shelling peanuts and start shelling the wrappers off these chocolate bars instead." Three days went by and we had no luck. Oh, it was terrible. My little Veruca got more and more upset each day. Well, gentlemen, I just hated to see my little girl feeling unhappy like that. I vowed I would keep up the search until I could give her what she wanted. And finally, I found her a ticket."

"She's even worse than the fat boy." George commented grumpily.

Emma thought. 'She's a gem, I hope her behavior gets better though, in the future. At least she's adorable.'

"I don't think that was really fair." Charlie said. "She didn't find the ticket herself."

"Don't worry about it, Charlie. That man spoils his daughter." Joe adds.

"And no good ever comes from spoiling a child like that." Emma said. "But hopefully she won't be like that when she's an adult."

"Oh geez, Emma you always people especially kids the benefit of the doubt." George said.

Luckily Emma ignored him, then Nathan and Helen came bursting through the door, both of them wearing excited smiles. "Charlie," Nathan began, draping an arm over his wife's shoulder. "Your mum and I thought maybe you wanna open your birthday present tonight."

Charlie gave a wide smile. Nathan and Helen walked over to the bed, Helen handed Charlie his present. Everyone leaned in and watched with anticipation as Charlie opened his present, which was a Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight. Charlie stared at the bar and said, "Maybe I should wait until morning."

"Like hell." George muttered.

But his son heard him. "Pop." Nathan gave him a look.

"All together we're three hundred and eighty one years old." Joe said. "We don't wait."

"Now Charlie, you mustn't feel too disappointed." Helen told him.

"If you don't get the ticket, you'll at least still have the chocolate." Nathan said and then Charlie then began to carefully and slowly unwrap the chocolate bar. But alas, there was no gold. Only the dark brown of the chocolate.

"Oh, well." Joe shrugged. "That's that."

"We'll share it." Charlie decided.

"Oh no, Charlie." Joe shook his head. "Not your birthday present."

"It's my candy bar. I'll do what I want with it." Charlie began to break off pieces of the Wonka bar, and he handed a piece to everyone. There was just enough pieces for everyone.

She took a small bite out of it, moaning in delight at the taste. Emma would be able to buy another bar for him. That would give Charlie two more tries for that ticket.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🍫 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Question: Who is your favorite grandparents of Charlie?

Mine is definitely all the way Grandpa Joe.

A/N: I'm thinking of doing a song chapters next. And there are songs I imagine Anna Kendrick would sing.

Words: 587