VI: Third and Fourth Golden Ticket

That same day, Charlie and Emma were out in town since Zion wanted to go on a walk well Charlie wanted to take him out on a walk

A man had put the newspaper in the trash and Charlie grabbed and they read it. "Let's go.  Show the others this." 

They got home and Joe got all excited. "All right, let's see who found it." He said.

Charlie hands the paper to his dad. "The third ticket was found by Miss Violet Beauregarde." 

Emma turned on the TV and they watched the news. The third ticket had been found in Atlanta, Georgia by the arrogant Violet Beauregarde with her mother, Scarlett Beauregarde. And if her arrogance and pride wasn't bad enough, she was an obnoxious gum smacker. 

Emma doesn't mind gum but she doesn't like it when someone chew on it loudly with their mouth exposed and Violet did just that. 

Violet and her mother were wearing matching tracksuits as they stood in the living room, in the middle of their shelves of trophies. "These are just some of the two hundred and sixty three trophies and medals that my Violet has won." Scarlett Beauregarde bragged about her daughter.

"I'm a gum chewer, mostly, but when I heard about these ticket things, I laid off the gum. Switched to candy bars." Violet said through her gum smacking.

"She's just a driven young woman. I don't know where she gets it."

'Probably from her mother.' Emma thought. Which could be true. 

"I'm the junior world champion gum chewer. This piece of gum, I'm chewing right at this moment, I've been working on for three months solid. That's a record."

"Of course, I did have my share of trophies." Mrs Beauregarde motioned towards the batons on the wall behind her. "Mostly baton."

"So, it says that one kids gonna get this special prize, better than all the rest. I don't care who those other four are. That kid, it's gonna be me.

"Tell them why, Violet."

"Because I'm a winner!"

"What a beastly girl." Josephine spat.

"I do like her confidence but I don't know if that won't get her anyway." Emma says, then shakes her head. 

"Despicable." Georgina added.

"You don't even know what we're talking about!" George said to her.

"Dragonflies?" Georgina asked, Emma smiled at her mother in law. 

"But wait, this is just in. The fourth golden ticket has been found by a boy called Mike Teavee." A reporter says. 

The fourth ticket was found in Denver, Colorado by the know-it-all, Mike Teavee. Okay, Emma liked kids who were smart, but not when they thought that they were smarter than everyone else like Mike did. He had his eyes glued to the tv as he played a video game. Emma was definitely concerned about him, it can hurt your eyes with blinking lights. 

'He gonna end up blind by looking at a screen for too much.' Emma thought. 

"All you had to do, is track the manufacturing dates, offset by weather and the derivative of the Nikkei index. A retard could figure it out." Mike stated, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. (that word offends me very much)

"Most of the time, I don't know what he's talking about." Norman Teavee said, he is Mike's dad. "Kids these days with all the technology."

"Die! Die! Die! " Mike screamed at the game. Emma's eyes widened by the boy's  aggressiveness he was like a psychopath even though he was a kid. 

"Doesn't seem like they stay kids very long." Norman said. 

"In the end, I only had to buy one candy bar." Mike puts the controller down. 

"And how did it taste?" A reporter asked.

"I don't know. I hate chocolate.
That sent Emma flying over the edge. What kind of kid hates chocolate!?

"Well, it's a good thing you're going to a chocolate factory, you ungrateful little..." Nathan was quick to cover Charlie's ears. Though, Emma agreed with Grandpa George. Why even go to a chocolate factory if you hate chocolate?

"That question is, who will be the winner of the last gold--?" Charlie turn the TV off and then looked at his dad. 

"Dad?" Charlie asked. 

"Yes, Charlie?" 

Helen came in to get the TV. "Why aren't you at work?" Charlie asked and Emma and Helen froze and walked away beside each other. 

"Oh, well, the toothpaste factory thought they'd give me a bit of time off." Nathan says but kinda lied, no one likes lying to Charlie. 

"Like summer vacation?" Charlie asked. 

"Sure. Something like that." Nathan said. 

In fact, it wasn't like a vacation at all. The upswing in candy sales had led to a rise in cavities which led to a rise in toothpaste sales. With the extra money, the factory had decided to modernize eliminating Mr. Bucket's job.” 

Nathan joined his wife and sister in law who were doing some laundry outside. "We were barely making ends meet as it was." Nathan says walking towards the gets and Helen and Emma came up to him. 

"You'll find another job. I'll try to talk to my boss about getting me a bonus or something." Emma said standing beside her brother in law. 

"Until then, I'll just-- Well, I'll just thin down the soup a little more." Helen wraps her arms behind her husband's upper torso. "Don't worry, Mr. Bucket, our luck will change. I know it." She whispers to the two of them and put her head on his shoulder and Nathan pats his wife's hands and wrapped his left arm around Emma's waist.

 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🍫 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 

Question: What's your favorite video game system?

Mine is either Nintendo DS or WII.

Words: 957