VII: The Fifth Golden Ticket

○○ means switch

○○ means switch

One reference to one of my favorite movies of all time.

Emma was devastated when she found out about the final golden ticket that it was found. She was standing in front of the factory and looked up. "I wish..."

"Wish for what?" A voice startled Emma and it was Mark Coleman.

"The final golden ticket was found and I was disappointed that Charlie wouldn't have a chance to see inside the factory." Emma said. "I feel so bad for him. All I wanted for him to do was to see the factory and have a good time. I do wish I could go with him."

"I know, you do. I even remember your first day at school for teaching, you were eating a Wonka bar." Mark says, slightly chuckling even Emma did.

"I sometimes eat chocolate when I'm anxious or nervous." Emma said defending herself. (I don't know if they're the same description of a word)

"I know. Can I be honest with you?" Mark asked, looking at the young adult, since Emma is in her early 30s.

"Sure. I guess." Emma said.

"I agree, that Charlie does deserve to go to the factory because unlike the other kids, he doesn't care. To me, candy doesn't have a point, that's why it's candy, it's meaningless, it's only tasty and good." Mark admits and Emma looked at him, astonished and amused.

"You're right, thanks Mark." Emma said and kissed his cheek and made him flushed. "I have to go help my sister. See you tomorrow or something."

Mark watched her leave and he was flustered by her action. But he knew at the point, he should at least stop hitting on her, Emma is right though, Mark is married to a beautiful woman and have two kids, a daughter 6-year-old and a 3 year old son 3 years apart. After that kiss on his cheek he knew that nothing was gonna happen between them and begin to head home to his family.

○○

Charlie walked around after hearing about the final ticket being found but as he walked away from the factory and saw a dollar bill poking out and he grabbed it and thought about doing one last chance for hoping to get the ticket.

Charlie walked for a few more minutes until he came to the candy store. He walked in and approached the counter and present the bill to the shopkeeper. "One Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight please."

The shopkeeper took the money and gave a bar to Charlie. Charlie began opening up the bar just as the woman beside the Charlie put down the newspaper. It was completely different from the one she saw this morning.

Russian Ticket a Fake. Still One Ticket Left.

"The nerve of some people." The woman said to the shopkeep.

"I know." The shopkeep said. "Forging a ticket, come on!"

Charlie ripped open the wrapper of the bar, revealing a golden ticket inside.

"It's a golden ticket." The shopkeep said. Everyone in the shop was now looking at the young boy. "You found Wonka's last golden ticket! In my shop too!"

A man approached Charlie. "Listen, I'll buy it from you. I'll give you fifty dollars and a new bicycle."

A woman walked up to Charlie. "Are you crazy? I'll give him five hundred dollars for that ticket!" The woman smiled at Charlie. "Do you want to sell me that ticket for five hundred dollars young man?"

"That's enough of that. Leave the kid alone!" The shop owner said and leans closer to Charlie. "Listen. Don't let anyone have it. Take it straight home, you understand?"

Charlie smiled at the man. "Thank you." He rushed out the store and Charlie had a grin on his face.

"Mom! Auntie Em! Dad!" Charlie called out once he got to the house. "I found it! The last golden ticket! It's mine!" Helen, Nathan and Emma came in the house with vegetables in their hands. Charlie showed the ticket to Joe.

"Yippee!" Joe cheered once he got a clear look at it. He jumped out of bed and began dancing. Everyone stared at him in amusement and surprise. "Here!" Grandpa Joe handed the ticket over to Helen, Emma and Nathan. "Read it out loud. Let's see exactly what it says!"

Nathan took it and began reading from the ticket. ""Greetings to you, the lucky finder of this golden ticket from Mr Willy Wonka. I shake you warmly by the hand. For now, I do invite you to come to my factory and be my guest for one whole day. I, Willy Wonka, will conduct you around the factory myself showing you everything there is to see. Afterwards, when it is time to leave, you will be escorted home by a possession of large trucks, each one filled with all the chocolate you could ever eat. And remember: One of you lucky five children will receive an extra prize beyond your wildest imagination. Now, here are your instructions. The first of February, you must come to the factory gates at ten am sharp. You're allowed to bring one or two family member to look after you. Till then, Willy Wonka"."

"First of February." Helen said. Her eyes widened when she realized. "That's tomorrow."

"Then there's not a moment to lose, Charlie." Joe said. "Wash your face, comb your hair, scrub your hands, brush your teeth, blow your nose!"

"And get that mud off your pants!" George added.

"Now we must all try to keep very calm" Helen Bucket said. "First thing that we have to decide is this. Who is going with Charlie to the factory?"

"Emma will." Joe suggested.

"Me?" Emma asked with her eyes widened.

"Yes, of course! You want to see the factory as much as Charlie does!" Joe reasoned.

"Dad, are you sure?" Emma asked unsure, since Joe wanted to see the factory again.

"I'm sure, darling. You'll be doing me a favor." Joe said putting a hand on his daughter cheek.

"Okay, I'll go." Emma said softly crossing her elderly dad's hand.

"How about you, dear?" Helen turned to Nathan. "Don't you think you want to go?"

"Well, Emma does love the factory as much as Charlie does." Nathan Bucket said. "Provided, of course, she does want to go."

"No." Charlie said, shocking everyone. "We're not going. A woman offered me five hundred for the ticket. We need the money more than we need the chocolate." Joe sadly sat down on the bed, depressed.

"Young man, come here." George points a finger to Charlie and gestured him over.

"There's plenty of money out there. They print more every day. But this ticket there's only five of them in the whole world and that's all there's ever going to be. Only a dummy would give this up for something as common as money. Are you a dummy?" George says to Charlie.

Charlie shook his head. "No, sir." He said.

"Then get that mud off your pants. You've got a factory to go to." George said with his thumbs up.

Charlie smiled at his aunt and she smiled back at her nephew. She was excited about going to the factory and see the wonders.

Question: I would like an opinion on something, do you guys think anxious and nervous are the same feeling/expression?

This time I'm not giving my answer this time. Also don't be nervous to answer any questions.

Words: 1, 244