X: The Purple Candy Boat Ride

Willy brought everyone over to the edge of the river

Willy brought everyone over to the edge of the river. A big pink boat that was in the shape of a seahorse was seen emerging. There were rows of Oompa-Loompas rowing the boat, humming a tune as they did so, and one Oompa-Loompa stood behind a drum, beating a rhythm to the humming. When the boat stopped in front of the group, the Oompa-Loompas began to laugh. 

"What's so funny?" Violet questioned. She was still smacking on her gum. 

Willy leaned towards her and answered, "I think it's from all those doggone cocoa beans. Hey by the way, did you guys know that chocolate contains a property that triggers the release of endorphins?" His gaze rested on Emma. A lovesick grin grew on his lips. "Gives one the feeling of being in love." Emma caught him staring at her, and blushed deeply. But, nonetheless, she returned the smile. 

"You don't say." Scarlett Beauregarde said in an overly-flirtatious tone, interrupting Emma and Willy's gaze.

The look on Willy's face quickly changed to an uneasy one as he averted his eyes to the woman. He looked at the boat again and said to everyone, "All aboard!" The Beauregarde's got on first, then the Teavee's, and then the Salt's.

That left a row open in the back for Emma and Charlie to sit. Emma made sure to hold onto Charlie's hand as they got into the boat, so that neither of them would fall. Once the two Buckets were sitting, Willy finally climbed into the boat, sitting in the empty spot next to Emma. The two of them shared a gaze again, before Willy looked forward and shouted to the Oompa-Loompas. "Onward!" 

The boat began moving. Emma kept an arm draped around Charlie, while her other hand was resting in her lap. Willy dipped a ladle into the river, filling it with the chocolate. He offered it to Emma. "Try some of this. It'll do you good. You look starved to death."

Emma took the ladle and took a small sip of the chocolate. Her eyes fluttered closed as soon as the magical taste danced across her taste buds. "Oh, Willy, this is wonderful."

She handed the ladle off to Charlie. He took a sip from it and grinned from ear to ear when he tasted the chocolate. "It's great!"  

"That's because it's mixed by waterfall" Willy explained. "The waterfall is most important!" His voice raised as he addressed everyone else. His hand waved around as he repeated his words from earlier. "Mixes the chocolate, churns it up, makes it light and frothy. And by the way, no other factory in the world--"

"You already said that." Veruca interrupted rather rudely.
Willy lowered his hand and slowly leaned back in his seat. Everyone continued to stare at him. "You're all quite short, aren't you?" He spoke at random, addressing the children.

"Well, yeah, we're children!" Violet responded with an attitude.

"Well that's no excuse. I was never as short as you." Willy said snarkly and Emma grinned at him out the comment.