Chapter 1

I will never forget the moment I opened my eyes to life.

I saw my mother, my father and a little boy peering over the top of the bed. He was only just tall enough to look over. The next thing I knew the room was shaking and the lights were flickering on and off and the sound of ships coming over Lothal. I noticed that the doctors seemed to be worried about the noises and so did my parents. My doctor said something to my parents and then they looked even more worried, I heard one sentence that my parents said that I'll remember for the rest of my life.

"Coco is different, the empire won't stop until she's dead."

At the time I didn't know what they meant but then I was put into a blanket and hidden away. The last thing I heard were the sound of Stormtroopers bursting through the door and the little boy I saw earlier was crying.

I woke up and was in a dark room; could have been a cell. Not that I could understand at the time, but my mother told me everything that had just happened.

"The empire came and took over Lothal," my mother told me. "We are in a prison, but the empire doesn't know about you, and they can't, or they will kill you." At the time I was an infant; barely 1 day old and things looked bad for me. The boy though was not in the cell with us. Later when I learnt to understand words, I found out that that boy was indeed my brother, Ezra Bridger.

My name is Coco, Coco Bridger and I live in a prison with my parents. The Empire took over our home world of Lothal and took us into the prison. The empire doesn't know I'm here and they can't as my mother says because otherwise, they kick me out on my own. My parents keep telling me I'm different and I've noticed it too, I can do things, things that others can't do. Hi, my name is Coco Bridger and I have amazing powers.

The day soon came when I was kicked out of the prison. It started when my mother was shaking me awake in the early hours of the morning and she told me to hide, the troops were coming. I heard the door open just as I got into my spot, and they started talking. I was worried and when I worry, I tend to sneeze (I know it's weird) but it's true. Then came the sting, the sting you get just before you sneeze. I knew that if I sneezed, I would be found, and it would all be over. The sting was even stronger now and was pinching my nose so hard I thought it might burst. Then, it went the sneeze was gone. That was close, but then out of nowhere came the loudest sneeze I've ever done. The troops stopped talking and turned around, they came closer and closer to where I was hiding and they just as I thought I was safe, they looked under the stairs and saw me.

There were alarms going off everywhere and I was being dragged out of the cell and away from my parents, my mother was crying and telling them to let go and my father was trying to get loose of the troops to get me. But it was no use, the door shut, and I was being pulled away from the cell and away from my family. I was taken to the nearest exit and thrown out like a garbage bag. At that moment I realised I was really on my own, how was a four-year-old supposed to survive in a big city such as Lothal?