Chapter 9

A few days later Ezra, Kanan and I went to look for a base. But when we got there, we ran into Inquisitors.

"I'm thinking this planet's not gonna work out as a base after all." Ezra said.

"Seeing that the key part of secret base is the secret location, no, it will not work out." Kanan replied.

"Where's Chopper? I signalled him. He's either lost or ignoring us." I explained.

"Oh, he's not lost. Cross!" Kanan ordered.

"Such a handsome face." The seventh sister said to Kanan.

"I don't go for crazy anymore." Kanan shot back.

"That's all right, I prefer brains." She said. Then Ezra was pushed.

"Ahhh! Kanan!" he yelled as he flew over the cliff. Kanan grabbed his leg.

"I got you! I got you!" Kanan said.

"Ezra, we need you up here!" I yelled.

"Hold on. I'm busy at the moment." He replied.

"Up on three?" Kanan said.

"Fine! One Two Three!" they both counted. Kanan pulled Ezra up while I kept the inquisitors at bay.

"I got us a ride. Come on!" Ezra yelled as he ran to the cliff's edge.

"I don't like this..." I began.

"Just get ready to jump!" Ezra said.

"Jump? You're crazy!" Kanan replied. As we jumped, I felt my feet land on something. It was a native flying creature. "This was you?" Kanan asked incredulously.

"Yeah. Not bad, huh?" Ezra chuckled. The Phantom flew in as chopper stood at the door.

"After you." Said Kanan as I teleported onto the ship and the others jumped in.

"Phew, that was a close one." I said as I sat down.

"Yeah, another close one." Kanan replied.

"What's wrong?" Ezra asked.

"Everywhere we go we run into those guys, and I don't like it. If this keeps up, we'll never be able to help the rebels establish a base. At least not as long as we're with them." Kanan explained.

"So, what are we gonna do about it?" I asked.

"I don't know. But it's endangering the whole squadron. We're gonna need advice on this" Kanan said.

We got back to the ship to meet up with Ahsoka.

"Ahsoka, what do you think about us doing the hunting for a change?" Kanan asked.

"When you defeated one, two more came. Who's to say we wouldn't multiply our problems yet again?" she asked.

"And there's Vader." Ezra pointed out.

"I don't disagree. But the fact remains, we can't protect our friends from Vader and his Inquisitors. I can barely protect you two." Kanan said.

"We don't need protecting." I shot back; annoyed.

"It's times like these that Anakin and I would turn to someone like Obi-Wan or Master Yoda. They always had the answer. Well, almost always." Ahsoka explained.

"Then maybe we should ask Master Yoda." Kanan suggested.

We went to the Jedi temple on Lothal to try to contact Master Yoda.

"Ezra, Coco, you're from Lothal?" Ahsoka asked.

"Yeah, this place is our home." Ezra said. Kanan and Ezra used the force to open the door and we walked inside.

"How did you contact Master Yoda here?" Ahsoka asked.

"Well, he kind of contacted us." Kanan began.

"I thought I was dreaming when I first heard Master Yoda's voice." I explained.

"And I was meditating." Kanan added.

"Then perhaps that's a good place to start." Ahsoka suggested. Sometime later I heard Kanan speak.

"I see a doorway." He said. I opened my eyes, looking for it. I couldn't see anything.

"Where? I don't see anything." Ezra said.

"Neither do I." Ahsoka added.

"Last time we spoke to Master Yoda, we were separated. Maybe this is my path alone." Kanan suggested.

"Be careful!" I said quickly.

"Don't worry. I wouldn't do anything you would do." He chuckled as he disappeared through the wall. We meditated for a while longer then Ezra disappeared. (Probably to talk to master Yoda) I looked up a moment later and Ahsoka had disappeared. She told me what happened to her. A voice had spoken to her.

"Ahsoka. Ahsoka, why did you leave? Where were you when I needed you?" It asked.

"I made a choice. I couldn't stay." Ahsoka replied.

"You were selfish." Said the voice.

"No!"

"You abandoned me! You failed me! Do you know what I've become?" it asked, menacingly. Then she told me she heard Vader's breathing.

"No!" she screamed as the turned and slashed the ghost with her sabre. But the ghost had gone. Sometime later I heard a voice, but I knew exactly who it was.

"Coco, I'm here." it said.

"Elijah? Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm right here." he replied. I turned and came face to face with Vader. I gasped and slashed him with my lightsabre, but he melted away. Then I was back in the temple. I met up with Kanan, Ahsoka and Ezra.

"Coco, Kanan, Ahsoka, - you won't believe what I-" Ezra started.

"Tell us later! Come on!" Kanan yelled. "Up ahead! The way out! Chopper!" When we got on the phantom Ezra told us what had happened.

"I saw Master Yoda." He said.

"Saw him? What did he say?" Kanan asked.

"He said to find Malachor. Who's Malachor?" Ezra asked.

Kanan, Ahsoka and I looked at each and raised our eyebrows. I knew exactly where Malachor was. That was where our parents had been taken too after I was kicked out.

"Malachor isn't a person." I began. "It's a place."

Ezra looked at me funny.

"It's where Mum and Dad were taken after I was kicked out." I explained. Kanan and Ahsoka looked at me. Ezra froze.

"What?" he whispered.