Chapter 5

The next day Ezra and I ran a training session, we practiced with our lightsabres and I was surprised to find out that I already knew how to fight. Kanan seemed impressed too. Later Kanan told us about his plan.

"I have a plan that might just even the score." He said.

"What, we're gonna send out some kind of inspirational type messages?" Zeb asked.

"Exactly." Kanan replied.

"Um, I don't get it." Sabine said. "

Yeah, Kanan. What are you thinking? We can't just send a signal. The Empire would track it in half a second." Ezra added.

"Not if the signal comes from one of its own towers." He said.

"Ah. Now I get it" Sabine replied.

"You-You want to take control of an Imperial communications tower, which is pretty much impossible, and then you want to use it to send a message to the people of Lothal?" I asked.

"Not just Lothal. One of those big towers can reach a few systems." Kanan replied.

"That's a crazy plan." I said.

"That's why you like it." Kanan said.

"And what would we say in this message?" I replied.

"Something the Empire never says the truth, now are you in?" He replied.

"Count us in." Ezra and I said.

After Kanan told us the plan we got ready.

"The spike is ready to go, once we get a signal" Sabine said.

"That's the plan." Kanan said.

"And things always go to plan, right?" Sabine replied.

"She's right about that" Ezra said quietly. I looked down at my feet.

"What's with you two?" Kanan asked.

"Nothing." we said.

"Let's take a walk. What's on your mind?" Kanan said.

"I'm not sure we should go through with this." I said.

"Coco, you are up to this. I know you are." Kanan said.

"I know that's what you want to think. But look. As much as I wish I were like my parents, I'm not." I said.

"There's something else." Kanan said. I went quiet.

"Our parents spoke out and we lost them, and I don't I-I don't want to lose you guys, okay? Not over this." Ezra said.

"Hey. All of us have lost things. And we will take more losses before this is over. But we can't let that stop us from taking risks. We have to move forward. And when the time comes, we have to be ready to sacrifice for something bigger." Kanan replied.

"That sounds good but it's not so easy" Ezra shot back.

"It's not easy for me either. My master tried to show me, but I don't think I ever understood it until now trying to teach it to you. I guess we are learning these things together." Kanan said firmly.

Then it was time to go. "Okay, Sabine, three minutes." said Kanan.

"Chopper, install the spike." Sabine ordered. Then suddenly I heard the sound of motors.

"What? They're here? That's impossible." Kanan said.

"Times up." I said.

"Sabine, we got targets incoming, Let's move!" Kanan said.